Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stuff

Today was a fun day of work. I got to work with Zac all day, which was fun. Zac is a very positive person, and he likes to talk and laugh a lot. Laughs a whole lot. We get along great. He came over at lunchtime today (since Beth wasn't here and we didn't watch Saiyuki) and we ate donuts and played SkipBo. Dawnee totally owned us both. (For those of you who aren't gamers, "owned" means "beat very badly.")

Rye and I are leaving tomorrow morning to go to Anchorage and get my wisdom teeth pulled. I look forward to it because they've been bothering me more and more over the last week or so. Maybe it's because I've been thinking about them more or something?

CompUSA still hasn't written me back about the computer. Jerks.

My fingernail finally fell off from where I smashed it in the drawer about three months ago.

I talked to Rye a few days ago about Nides. When I rode with him to park the van, I asked him how I could get Nides to listen to me and mentioned that it really bothers me. Rye said that I probably couldn't get Nides to listen, but that he had the same problem getting people to listen to him when he was first made head housekeeper. Makes sense. He was like 25 at the time, I believe--pretty young for a boss. It's hard taking orders from someone younger than you. I can understand why Nides wouldn't want to listen to me because I'm younger and because I goof off a lot... but it's still irritating. Anyway, Rye didn't have any helpful advice, but he said he would start trying to mix groups up a little more so I don't have to work with Nides as often. I haven't been in a group with Nides since then. Pretty cool.

I was up till 2:30 this morning making a D&D campaign. Unfortunately, Zac couldn't come today and Steven had to leave an hour after we started, so we didn't get done even half of what I had planned, even though I skipped a few battles. But whatever. Now I'm a little ahead and won't have to plan for Sunday's campaign. Or Wednesday's, if I'm not up to DMing Sunday, which I may not be. I guess we'll see. I'm really proud of it, though. The whole first floor of this tower is a puzzle, and there are puzzles inside of puzzles inside of puzzles, and a few traps thrown in just for kicks. Unfortunately, I can't brag about just how clever I am until they're finished with this floor of the dungeon, which will be a good two or three weeks, I'm betting. Pity, because I'm really proud of it. I've never created puzzles, really... but I've read enough of the right kind of books, apparently. Strut strut.

So yeah. That's about all, I guess. Toodles. Don't expect an update for a while--I'm leaving tomorrow, getting my teeth pulled Friday, and going to be drugged up for who knows how long after that. With my luck, they'll have to break my jaw in three places to get the teeth out. Oooo... ow.

Vanya sulie, melloneamin.

4 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Good luck on your teeth. I hope everything goes hunky-dory. By the way, check out my blog: kd9la.blogspot.com ... I'll post some more pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get the darn thing to add pictures to the BOTTOM of the draft instead of the top... it's a pain having to move the pictures down one at a time to where they belong, no matter where I have the cursor when I add the picture, the darn thing always adds it to the top of the post.

Queen Karana said...

Good luck on the teeth - but surely you want to write to us while you are on your happy medication, right? :) Hopefully you won't have any problems - I was lucky I suppose, but I hope it goes very smoothly for you!

dubby said...

Maybe you will have a mouth like your grandmother and actually have SIX wisdom teeth, with baby wisdom teeth hidden under the ones coming in now.

Of course, that makes for even MORE jokes, with which I am sure you are somewhat overwhelmed.

Queen Karana said...

Uh-oh. Maybe they took her fingers too. She can NO LONGER TYPE!!! Agh! Just kidding.

I hope you are starting to feel better.