First on the list of things I'm required to write about, we spent so much time playing Wii Bowling that we decided to go normal bowling. Turns out I'm less terrible at it than I was last time I went bowling, which was about three years ago. In the first game, I beat Jack 95 to 88. YAY a win! After that, we were both warmed up, and I broke 100 on the second game with a score of 106 (this is the first time in my life I've broken 100 in a bowling game, so it's very exciting for me). Jack beat me with a score of 125. After that, my wrist was starting to get tired, but we did one more game, which I lost again 86 to 103. I didn't feel bad, though, because I kind of consider bowling to be a game where I mostly just play against myself, and other people happen to be playing too. The reason I view bowling this way is, of course, because I'm so bad at it normally. Apparently playing Wii Bowling has actually slightly improved my irl bowling. (Note for Mom and Dad: "irl" stands for "in real life.")
We also did Pinewood Derby, which was a blast. I got to be the one who set up and released the cars this year! YAY! Because of the way our brackets were set up, there were a couple kids who had to race an equalizer car, which was basically the block of wood with the wheels put on, painted like a school bus. The school bus was supposed to be horrendously slow and lose every race, but it actually beat two or three kids' cars, which made me feel a little bad. The school bus was the only one that I actually tried to turn a little crooked on the track to slow it down. It didn't work, though. Oops!
The kids all had fun anyway, though. Thirty scouts showed up, and after the scouts finished their races, five or six little brothers and sisters ran up with cars that they had made that they wanted to run down the track too.
Also, since springtime is apparently here now, Jack and I have been doing a lot more bicycle riding. In addition, I've started filling the bird feeder, for which I now have about 15 pounds of seed thanks to a Cub Scout project we did a few weeks ago. We saw a bird out there just now that I've seen a couple times before and forgot what it is. We looked it up and it's called a Spotted Towhee. Weird-looking thing with red eyes.
Anyway, other than that, not too much to tell. I still jog periodically. I've ridden my bicycle over 250 miles since September (I have a bike odometer now because I have to go 500 for my Wood Badge ticket). I beat Final Fantasies 7 and 8 and am playing 12 now, which is by far the best FF game I've ever played. Also, I'm studying for my ham radio license and am reading a book called Schwa Was Here, by Neal Shusterman. I'm only about forty pages into it, but I'm really enjoying it!

Okay, the end.
2 comments:
Thanks for the heads up on irl.
Yeah, what mom said. I was planning to thank you for the IRL definition too, but she beat me to it.
I thoroughly enjoyed the post. Feel free to do it more often. Reading about your adventures makes me happy. Grandma Fordham says 'hi' and she loves you.
Post a Comment