I've been seriously enjoying the last few days. I got my history done, and am pretty positive I pulled off at least a B in the course. All I have left are two midterms (one on Friday and one on Saturday) that I expect will be easy-peasy, particularly since we're allowed to make cheat sheets for both of them. So instead of stressing and studying my brains out and rushing to get in late assignments, I've spent the last two days devouring the books I've been wanting to read for the last few weeks and haven't had the time. Not literally devouring them, like eating them, obviously, but devouring them figuratively, as in disappearing into them, reading through them quickly and thoroughly enjoying every moment of them. I only have 150 more pages to go before I run out of book and have to ask Quinby what the next books in the series are so I can go acquire them.
Today I made chocolate cake. It was pretty fantastic. If you ever get Hershey's cocoa powder (the unsweetened baking stuff), there are two recipes printed on the back: one is for chocolate cake and the other is for frosting. Make them. It's pretty much the most delectable chocolate cake in the world, meaning delicious even if I'm the one baking it.
I got a new glasses prescription today. Well, I got the prescription yesterday, and I got the lenses today. The optometrist said my eyes are very healthy (although the last optometrist said I have astigmatism) but my prescription got "a bit worse." I haven't gotten a new prescription in four years, so I'm not at all surprised. The lady at Image Optical (the place where they cut my lenses) said that my prescription had almost doubled. So now I'm a little disoriented like I always am when I get new lenses, but once I get used to them, it's going to be sweet being able to see again! When Peter was driving me back from the glasses place, I realized for the first time that the stuff they caked the roads with on Tanana Drive was gravel, not sand. I could see the individual rocks, even! Pretty epic. :)
So I have stuff to do, still. I ought to start packing and cleaning, and of course studying and preparing my cheat sheets for my exams. But you know what? Forget it. I'm going to finish my book first. So there.
This post has been brought to you by the word hypengyophobia.
4 comments:
perhaps your sapping will get better now?...(giggle)
Must hit stealth, must hit stealth...dang it!!
TO DO LIST
Send receipts to mom for glasses and eye exam.
Call Michael to get title to Zoey.
Look at ksl.com to get price for Zoey.
Call Gabe with price for Zoey.
Put ad on Craigslist for Zoey.
Study for test.
Create cheat sheets.
It is May. Each week Zoey decreases in value a hundred dollars.
Yeah, sure. If I had ten dollars for every time you said her value decreased by a hundred, I would have three times the amount I bought her for brand new. Chillax.
Post a Comment