I slept until past noon today. I felt like a bit of a loser for sleeping through class, but considering I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck and then had my throat skewered by a blue-ring octopus wielding a tuning fork, I decided to forgive myself. I've been coughing and hacking all day, which really isn't making my throat feel any better. But at least my stomach stopped hurting. And I don't have a headache. Anymore.
Since I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath to hear about this: At my last chiropractor appointment, he jerked my neck loose, and suddenly, mobility in my arms just about doubled. It was pretty amazing. Unfortunately, he had broken apart old scar tissue, and it started hurting in less than two hours. Maybe six hours later, it felt stiff again. Baby steps, I guess.
Dang, my throat hurts.
I wish I had lucky dice. I have four sets, and they all hate me, I swear. They especially hate my human swordmaster. She could potentially be a really freaking b.a. character, except my average roll is like... four? In the last battle in our most recent campaign, for example, our group barged into the boss's room. He was behind a desk with a hostage, and he had his dagger across her throat. I tried to launch myself across the room at him. I rolled badly and barely made it halfway there. Next turn, I jumped onto the desk and swung my sword at him. I critically failed, overbalanced, and fell off the desk onto my face. The next round, I tried to crawl around the desk and come up behind the boss so I could attack from behind. I failed and he saw me. The next round, I attacked him anyway, but I missed and hit the hostage--and THEN I rolled a good number--for 13 points of damage. Fortunately, she was an illusion, and as soon as I hit her, she disappeared. He surrendered the next turn. So the only useful thing I did was by accident.
The only other useful thing I did in the whole campaign was also an accident that was the result of a failure: we were in a big melee fight (our six people against a mob of 15 thieves). The cat-man had attacked the guy who had been kicking my butt, knocked him down, and jumped off to help someone else. Two other guys closed in on me, one swung, and I tried to dodge, tripped, fell over, and accidentally impaled the guy the cat had knocked down.
The saddest part is that this is the character that's supposed to be a graceful swordsman with a Great Broadsword +1. The kind of great swordsman who could slice the buttons off your shirt and trim your whiskers for you before you have time to blink. She's NOT supposed to be a klutzy buffoon. My dice simply demand it. And of course, this whole time, the cat guy was launching himself around the room, one-shotting a thief every... freaking... round! Except for the time I tripped, I don't think I caused any damage all game. It was frustrating. Being useless sucks.
I have homework to catch up on tomorrow... and I don't wanna. I want to sleep and get better. :( I hate being sick. Especially when it's just sick enough to be miserable, but not so sick that you can really justify canceling obligations or even sleeping for more than maybe nine hours.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you don't feel well. Get well soon.
Oh, and no fair baiting the daddy.
Post a Comment