Monday, February 22, 2010

Follow-up

It warmed up to above 40 a day or two ago, but now it's down to about 15, and it's snowing again. The roads are atrocious. Times like this, I almost wish I still lived on campus.


Last week, Monday was a nice "normal" day, but Tuesday, I was on campus for thirteen hours. Wednesday, I was on campus for ten hours. Thursday, I got lucky and was only there for six, and Friday, I went to campus for morning classes, and then Jack, Josi, Fingers, and I left to go to Anchorage for a temple trip.



Part of the reason I was so busy last week was because the juggling club got kicked out of its normal practice area. I'd like to blame the guy who decided to bring a gigantic pogo stick and use it inside even after he was asked to stop, but it's not ENTIRELY his fault. I had missed every practice for over a week, largely because of my wreck, and then got a frantic phone call from my vice president saying we'd been kicked out of the Wood Center and he didn't know what to do. So now I'm trying to find us another practice location, but so far, it's not going well. In the meantime, juggling practice is becoming somewhat spontaneous.


I managed to acquire a new car within 24 hours of wrecking my old one. There's a guy in town who owns seven acres, entirely covered in wrecked Subarus. I traded in my old car plus two thousand bucks, and he gave me a working car of the exact same make and model, but four years older. Also, it runs. That's all I really need for now. I've named the new car Serenity after the spaceship in the TV show Firefly. Good show. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it in ages. My friends love to quote it, and half the time, I don't remember what they're talking about.

7 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Love the pics. Especially the one of the cabin... the only one I've seen. Also like the pic of the liquor store right above the one of the temple. Oh, and nice car.

King Isepik said...

What?! No details of the pending hitching? What a croc! :)

You guys should stop by our house in SLC on your way to GA this summer.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Hey, is that SUNshine on your cabin in the first picture? How long ago was that picture taken?

Obliviocelot said...

Yeah, actual sunshine! I took it during our fifteen minutes of sunlight. Also, if you look in the bottom right corner of the cabin picture, you can see my puppy.

Do you want a picture of my outhouse too? :P

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Bring it on! Oh, and I swear that the blogspot security creator is a cat... the security word for this post is -- no joke -- "crappe".

CaptainCaveMan said...

Outhouses...how..."uncivilized"..
Nice to seee your doing ok.On a side note Might want to consider salvaging those wheels/tires from the wreck.They look pretty good and may make a nice "summer set" of shoes for your Subie.

dubby said...

don't eat walnuts