The other day, I was teaching my roommate some plate manipulation tricks (a form of juggling I learned in juggling club) outside. Dawnee was a pretty quick learner, and before long, a family started watching us out the window of their hotel room. After a while, a little girl--maybe five or six years old--came outside and started talking to us. She was very outgoing for a little girl talking to adults (if you could call us that), and I offered to teach her how to play. Of course, her hands were too small, and she just dropped the plate over and over, but she was decent for a kid her age.
"Wow," I said. "You're really good at this!"
"Uh-huh!" she said matter-of-factly. "I'm also really good at spelling and math, and I like to eat fruits and vegetables."
"Really? What's your favorite fruit?"
"Um... um... I like papayas. And starfruit. And my favorite vegetable is asparagus!"
.....kids are frikkin' hilarious.
Nides actually payed up on the candy bar he owes me. And we found some brownies in a room yesterday, so they were free game today. Mmmmm, brownies! I love brownies.
Brian's coming to visit soon, and he's bringing me a working power supply--a pretty good one, too, and for a decent price. And apparently he's going to be having a barbecue. Woot! Free food! I'm there!
So... I was looking in to buying a pick-up truck and found one I thought about buying. When I called up the person who was selling it, it turned out to be a guy I know. He worked at the resort last year. We took the truck around, but it turned out to be a stick-shift, which I know how to drive, theoretically, but I haven't driven them enough to be able to do it well. So it was more of a driving lesson than anything. This is such a small town, though. It's frikkin' hilarious.
I've decided I'm definitely going to stay here for the winter. I need to call up the King and Queen and make arrangements with them to have Allen take my crap off their hands and drive it to Virginia. Mom is absolutely furious, and Dad's disappointed, but I stand by my decision. People up here mostly seem glad that I'm staying, but when they ask if I'm excited, I can't get up very much enthusiasm because I know how much it's hurting my parents. I really do want to stay here more than anything--yes, I've thought about the consequences and all my other options--but it's hard to be excited about it when I know that my actions are causing my mom to cry herself to sleep at night. Durn it, woman, get over it already so I can have my fun!
Oh well. I'll get over it. As Allen said: "Why let other people decide how you feel?"
Dawnee taught me another song on the guitar. It was fairly hard, and different from any song I've ever played before (I've never hammered the guitar before). The funniest thing about it, though, was that after I'd worked at it for a while, Dawnee had me play the song she taught me a while ago that I was having trouble with... and it was so frikkin' easy all of a sudden! Oh, and the second-funniest thing about this new song is that I don't know the words, I hardly know the tune, and I don't know the name. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I've come up with an idea for the background of a sci-fi story. If I could come up with a plot and characters, I could probably write a really good story. Maybe someday, na? Heh.
That's all for now. Vanya sulie, melloneamin. And Karana, you hit the nail on the head, by the way. Yes that is Tolkien's elvish. Elven. Whatever. Toodles!
2 comments:
I am NOT furious, nor am I crying myself to sleep. I am worried about you dropping out of school, handling the finances, and handling the long dark winter. I think it is a very bad decision and am definitely upset, but not furious and I still love you with every fiber of my being. I just don't want to see you get hurt.
And the power supply I mailed you will be there by the end of the week, with the license and passport as you asked. I can't return it. Sigh. Another fifty bucks down the drain.... I still think you need a UPS as well.
Another guess... melloneamin is "friends"? Wasn't sure on that one, but it seemed to make sense.
I'm happy for you in that you have made a decision as for what you will be doing with your life over the next few months at least. I can't say that I agree with it, but you don't need (nor want, I'm sure!) my approval. It must be comforting though, to have made a decision that has been worrisome for you over the past few months. I hope that all goes well for you, and that it is everything that you want it to be! If not, learning experiences are always good, right?
In the meantime, I hope you will continue to share your stories with us. I've missed you!
Post a Comment