Saturday, August 11, 2007

So... hot...

It should be illegal for the weather to be like it was today. Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky, and it was like 75 degrees. We just about died. Soo... frikkin'... hot... (whine whine). I can't believe people actually enjoy this kind of weather. I think my roommate is actually sitting outside trying to tan. (Frikkin' tourist girl.) Maybe it's the angle of the sun or something, but the sun feels so much hotter here. I look forward to winter when it'll be like negative thirty degrees or something. Speaking of which, I probably ought to arrange to get my crap moved. Blaaarg.

Pandora is up and running again. Yaaay! I'm listening to a song called "Check Yes or No" by George Strait right now. I like it.

I think my addiction to M&Ms has finally been broken. They don't taste nearly as good coming back up...

So anyway, it was a crazy-busy day at work today. We were going full speed, with Lloyd and I racing each other all day long. We still barely finished by five, and by afternoon break, my muscles were already seizing up.

Priscilla has an mp3 player, and it was really funny listening to her half-singing along to it all day.

My roommate and I very got into a fight at work the other day. From her point of view, I was being bossy. From my point of view, she was getting excessively defensive about everything I said. Basically, she moved an open purse to make a bed and I reminded her that's against our policy. We don't touch open bags because if something goes missing anywhere for any reason, we could get in a whole lot of trouble. I don't question the policy, I just follow it. So I told Dawnee to put the bag back and she went off on me, yelling about how I'm constantly acting like I'm her superior and she's trying to work with me, not under me. I swear, the only thing I'd ordered her to do the whole rest of the day was to stop fooling with the ashtray because we were in a hurry. And I wouldn't ever have to tell her what to do if she had listened when I was trying to train her. Sigh. I like her as a person, but I really can't stand working with her sometimes.

Anywho...

I helped a family build a house yesterday. Did insulation in the attic and fiberglass in the basement. I had a whole lot of fun, too! Bro Pack is a real awesome guy, cuz he's funny and smart and a little kooky. And he calls me "Champ." No one but Mr. Tratnack ever called me that. Anywho, I definitely got the insulation in the attic all over myself. Missed the floor a couple of times and sprayed it in my face. Heh-heh. Oh well.

Brian came too, but he didn't have as much fun as I did. It's not really his type of work, I guess, but he didn't have a better idea for something to do. Beth was doing jury duty and Rye had to work for her, and Brian couldn't think of anything better to do than watch more movies. As it was, we watched seven movies in the two days he was here. That's about as many as I usually watch in a year. I'm not really a big movie person.

I really miss Beth. Work isn't the same without her, and we tend to run out of sheets and towels a lot, since Rye's always running around and never finds time to do laundry. Besides, she's Beth. 'Nuff said.

We've been collecting all the alcohol people leave in their rooms, and have like twelve cases of beer. Tomorrow they're throwing a party with all the alcohol. "If you're under 21 or don't drink, bring your own beverage." I think I'll get a Mountain Dew from the vending machine, show up to get hot dogs and hamburgers, pretend to socialize, and leave before people get so drunk they get stupid. The people at the resort are awesome, but I don't want to see any of them drunk. (Fortunately, most of my friends--the housekeepers--don't drink anyway.)

Anywho... I'm going to go crash, cuz I'm frikkin' exhausted. Vanya sulie, melloneamin.

2 comments:

dubby said...

Wow! Good to hear from you! Did the insulation hurt when it got on you? Seven movies is ridiculous. I would have been climbing the walls. How boring is that!

Queen Karana said...

I think your plan on avoiding the drunks is a good one, but I used to watch them get drunk and then have many good laughs at their expense once they were sober. :)

Ah yes, evil I am.