I spent a few hours today cleaning up my room really well. It still needs to be vacuumed, but I cleaned up a lot of crap, moved Dawnee's bed out of the way a bit, wiped down some stuff, and took over Dawnee's drawers so mine aren't overly crammed. I threw away a boatload of boxes that were sitting in the middle of the floor--I don't know where they came from or why they were there.... All in all, I'd say my room looks pretty good right now. Strut strut strut.
There was another end-of-season work party today, except this time it's really the end of the season. And Dean was there. Dean is my boss's boss's boss's boss. Big important guy. Oh, yeah, and we got to eat free steaks and baked potatoes. There was free beer too, provided by housekeeping. We still have boxes upon boxes of beer people left behind this summer. Of course, I stuck with root beer because it doesn't smell like moose pee. And I didn't take a steak either because I stuffed myself too full with salad, garlic bread, and a monstrously huge baked potato while I was waiting for the steaks to cook. I haven't even seen Idaho potatoes as big as these monsters!
I spent the morning following Rye around and checking the rooms. We've got a conference of big wigs coming in, and Rye wanted to make sure the rooms were done right. Especially the room we put Dean in. We practically white-gloved that one. Wow. But since yesterday was the last day of the season, we were finished by 12:30 today. We were late to the party, but we still got plenty of food. And man, that steak was just WOW. (I didn't take one, but Laura gave me some of hers because she was in a hurry to leave for class.) It was marinated in whiskey and I don't know what else they did to it, but it was sooo goooood. I'm not even a real big steak person--I've had it maybe half a dozen times in my whole life, I think.
The people I was sitting with kept switching in and out. First I sat with Laura, then Priscilla joined us, then Laura left, then Rye came, then Priscilla left, then Tracy came, then Eric came, then Rye left, then Priscilla came back, then Tracy left... crazy-go-nuts. Eric likes to talk a lot, and he sounded a lot like Dad when he was telling me about what it's like up here in the winter. ;P I'll let you decide what that means.
I also finished reading Elantris today--finally. Now I can start reading Mistborn! Wahoo!!!!
That's all. Vanya sulie! Toodles!
1 comment:
or you can read Jake Sodlowski
Post a Comment