Happy birthday to me, I have my own room again!
First, I finally got the title for my car. Then, my coworkers threw my a birthday party, complete with flames, balloons, hot dogs, chips, fruit punch, ice cream, and a chocolate cake that had candles and said "Happy birthday Lint Monkey" on it. Sue got me some Dove chocolate (dark chocolate in various flavors--the best ever!) and Dawnee got me a box of my favorite kind of Pop-tarts: Brown sugar cinnamon!
I got my car registered and got insurance for it and everything and didn't have time for much else before Dawnee got off work. So we loaded her stuff in the car and drove up to Anchorage, where we met up with Brian, went to Dairy Queen, went to Barnes & Noble (I bought myself the book Mistborn, which is by Brandon Sanderson--the same guy who wrote Elantris), then went back to Dairy Queen for reals this time before I dropped Dawnee off at the airport.
I got a lot of phone calls today, as I expected. Being busy, I didn't even get to answer all the phone calls I got. It was good to hear from my family, though.
Oh, and pretty much EVERYONE at the resort knew it was my birthday. Even Cordi and Toby and Aaron said "Happy birthday" as soon as they saw me. I was stunned and astounded and, I must admit, flattered.
Anywho, having spent over six hours driving today, and it being 1:20 in the morning, and knowing that I have to wake up in six hours, I'm going to abandon everything else I planned on saying in favor of zonking for the night. Tomorrow I intend to clean and reorganize my room after work. La! Thrills! Maybe I'll tell you about my trek up Mt Marathon soon and upload pictures and all. If I find the time and don't drown in my books. (I wanted to buy a book called Electricity Simplified, but Brian wouldn't let me. I also wanted to get Organic Chemistry Simplified and Advanced Calculus Simplified and another Simplified book that had something to do with machines. I am such a geek.)
Toodles! Snooooore....
3 comments:
And you wrote on your blog. Thank you! I love you, kid.
Happy Birthday redux... :)
Sounds like you had a fun day.
Happy Birthday! (I'm sorry that I'm late) You're 2 decades old! How exciting. ^.^ Oh, Kris says hi and Happy Birthday too.
Post a Comment