Saturday, September 29, 2007

Let's talk about something else

Okay, I promised a blog update, so here goes...

Hm... Well, I went to Anchorage the other day. Nice relaxing drive, but shopping gives me such a bad headache it's not even funny. Shopping and watching TV both. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I intended to buy a keyboard with a pedal while I was up there, cuz wow do I miss my piano. But... well... long story short, I didn't. Maybe with luck, I'll go up again sometime before the road gets too icy for me to drive on.

There's termination dust on the mountains. It's not too far down yet, but I hear it will be next week. Oooo, excitement!

Know what else is exciting? I have pants that actually fit me! Like, they go down past my ankles, which for some reason, my last two remaining unstained, unripped pairs didn't. Furthermore, I actually have blue jeans again, and they're comfortable, and they actually look pretty good on me. At least, I think they do. Not that it really matters, I guess.

I finished the book The Redemption of Althalus today. Very good storyline, and very witty. Unfortunately, all the characters had almost the same personality, and also, the good guys were always winning, so there was never any suspense or real danger. And the author had an annoying habit of pairing off every single character in the book without any real romantic anything. I mean, I'm really not into romance at all, but if it's going to be there, at least you should show them trying to impress each other somehow, ya know? Hero saves damsel in distress? Girl really wants guy but he's not interested so she has to find a way to get his attention? There has to be some kind of effort involved! Everything in this book was so easy for everyone. Even the romantic pairings, they were just "Oh, this guy and this girl are there. Let's pair them off." And they look at each other and it's love at first sight and poof! suddenly they're an item. How undramatic. Maybe I'm just still annoyed at the fact that people tend to forget everyone else once they find their significant other. Not that it matters. Let's talk about something else now.

I was going to go pay bills today, but turns out the place was closed when I swung by (I had some questions and figured I might as well just go in person). So instead of turning around and going home, I sat on the beach and finished reading my book. Well, it's actually Rye's book. Whatever. Interesting thing--I can actually tell whether it's high tide or low tide even from a distance. It's an acquired skill I spent forever honing. ...That's a lie. I just looked at it and said "Oh look. High tide," and then found a rock to sit on and read my book. But that's not very impressive, now, is it?

Hm... what else? Well, winter hours have started. It's very very relaxed around here. Even the people who work at the front desk laugh and joke more than I've ever heard them do. They were teasing about making prank calls to the rooms. Or housekeeping knocking on the door and asking "Is your refrigerator running?" Bahaha! That'd be great.

I want my hair to hurry up and get long again. It's at that obnoxious length right now that makes people say "Oh, your hair is so cute like that!" but that makes me say "Ugh, I hate it this length." I would just lop it off again... but I got a letter from Rusty a month ago, so I have to grow it out at least a little longer. If he starts actually writing regularly, I can't very well keep cutting it. Of course, it being Rusty...

Whatever. Let's talk about something else.

I want to build a bookshelf. Except I know that if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to get it back to Utah next year, and it'd be a shame to throw it away. Well... I guess I may be able to find someone who wants it... if I do a good job. O' course, I don't know if I even have room for one. And I'd have to build it in the grounds building or something, because if I built it in my room, I'm sure someone would complain about the noise level.

That's about all I can think of to say at this point. I hope this pacifies the masses that haven't given up checking my blog for updates periodically. Maybe sometime soon I'll start writing again. Maybe I'll even start writing stories. I should write a whole series of lint monkey stories. I kind of liked Fefnik, personally....

Toodles!

2 comments:

dubby said...

You'd be surprised at the hits if you put up a counter. Each morning I hit the "Open my favorites" button on Firefox and you are right there -- talking about pickles for three weeks.

Tomorrow is rabbit, rabbit day.

Sgaterboy said...

hmm. . . book shelves in my experience don;t make very much noise. maybe if you trained it not to make any noise your neighbors wouldnt complain.