My lack of cooking skill continues to surprise even me. Today I royally ruined Glop, my own creation. Burned the potatoes, undercooked the onions, and added too much oil. I really hate cooking. Why do I bother?
I have some pieces of wood that I intend to experiment with. It goes very slowly because pushing on the knife is giving my thumbs blisters. It'll probably take weeks to whittle what I have in mind, and I doubt it will look any good. But I'll post pictures when I finish, unless it's so enormously terrible that I'm ashamed to show anyone, in which case I'll probably just use the thing for firewood.
I'm starting to get sick, I think. Nothing serious--just a scratchy throat. The orange juice feels nice... for a millisecond, while I swallow. I think my voice will probably sound funny tomorrow. Oh well.
I saw Kamren and Noah and their mom at the grocery store today. Kamren's going to be Cinderella for Halloween, and Noah's going to be Batman. They're excited. Makes me wish I could take them trick-or-treating. I made their mom promise to call me up if she ever needs a baby-sitter. I wonder if she even has my number.
Safeway stopped making my favorite kind of donut. I may have mentioned this before, but it's such a tragedy that it's worth bemoaning it again. WOE IS ME!!!! What will I do without my whipped-cream-filled donuts? Wooooeeeee!!!
Okay, that's all. This post seems depressing. That's funny, because I'm actually in a pretty good mood. Hey, guess what! I got the sheet music for the Super Mario Brothers songs! They're a lot harder than I thought they would be! I mean, wow!
I took a hike up by Exit Glacier today. I didn't go very far because it was already starting to get dark when I started up the trail. But I got a good way up anyway and was pleased to discover that I'm in good enough shape to go that far, at least, without any trouble. But I still feel like a pansy, and will continue to feel like a pansy until such time as I start going to bed exhausted from hard work instead of tired from lack of movement. And pacing while reading hardly counts as movement. I think by the time I move out of this place, I'll have worn a trail in the carpet.
Rawr.
Well, off I go to drink orange juice and then spend a few hours trying to get to sleep. If anyone has any good methods for falling asleep, by the way, I'd love to hear them, because I can only handle so many sheep....
3 comments:
I remember only too well the fights I used to have with you trying to teach you to cook.
so, like... why did you have to give me your sore throat? what did i ever do to you?
airborne! Take airborne whenever you start to feel sick. the hot apple cider flavor is the best I think.
falling asleep -- i count backwards. Some days counting backwards from 100 works. Other times I start at 1000. I have yet to make it to zero. COUNT SLOWLY. If your mind is racing, try visualizing drawing the numbers in your head as you count backwards -- still going fairly slowly. I've been doing this since college - still works.
Post a Comment