Saturday, October 20, 2007

Yeah...

For the first time in pretty much ever, I felt like making cookies today. So I made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They didn't turn out very good, to be honest. I mean, they're okay... but they're not great. I'm definitely not a great cook.

I want to buy some basswood and learn how to whittle. I think that would be a good winter project. Learning how to whittle. Useful, na? I already have a few designs planned out for things to whittle. Now I just have to find that place the guy at Spenard Builders said might sell me the stuff I'm looking for. Hardware Specialties, I think it was called. I hope my pocketknife is sharp enough, though I'm sure Aaron and Toby would sharpen it for me if it's not. The guys in supply could sharpen a knife so sharp that... that... um... it's really sharp. Yeah.

...It's late. I should've been asleep hours ago, but I'm not because I was making friends online. It's interesting how many friends I've got in WoW. Rye and Brian both seem to have few friends besides each other and me. But I've got so many friends that I can hardly log in now without six people all clamoring to say hi to me and ask how it's going. Brian tends to mope that I don't reply to him fast enough... but it's hard to reply to six people at once! I guess it's easy to be popular when you're a girl who plays video games. It's like being a girl in a computer science class. Fifty boys for every girl makes the girl very popular. Even if she can't cook to save her life.

Anyway. I also slept too late today. I stayed up too late last night and ended up sleeping for twelve hours. Not well, though. I haven't slept well in the last four nights. I keep having weird, and sometimes bad, dreams. I remember waking up several times to them and going back to sleep because I wanted to finish them. Last night's was some kind of murder mystery type of thing. Which is weird, because I never liked murder mysteries. I always thought they were stupid. Last night, I think I ended up dying several times. I can't remember. Anyway.

So yeah. I just realized a day or two ago that I don't honestly know whether I'm a cat person or a dog person. Some people think it's important to know, and that you have to be one or the other. That's what the lady said when I went to the pound to volunteer there. Turns out I can't volunteer because you have to be able to guarantee "Yes I will be here these hours on these days," and I can't always promise that because I never know when I'll be working and when I won't. I could probably work it out with Rye if I really wanted to. But having seen the pound, I don't really want to. If it were like the Harrisonburg pound, I probably would, but having seen it, it's not a place I'd like to spend a lot of time in. The office is the size of my bathroom, and there's two desks, a table, and several filing cabinets crammed into it. It's also poorly lit. So the overall atmosphere makes me feel crowded and almost claustrophobic.

Anyway. Yeah. Honey on sourdough bread tastes weird, I discovered yesterday.

That's all. Toodles!

2 comments:

dubby said...

You leave "meow" on my answering machine all the time and you don't know if you are dog person or a cat person?

Some of both!

Queen Karana said...

I like both cats and dogs. But I think cats are less work. Though "George" is a handful right now.

Wben I was a kid - my mom would let me "whittle" with a bar of soap and a butter knife. If I were to attempt to whittle today, The King would probably only allow me the same tools. No injuries. :) Sounds fun.