Rob brought the unicycle yesterday, so today I'm sore and so covered in bruises I can hardly move, but I'm definitely getting better. I'm also getting noticeably better with the clubs, so I'll be able to do torches and knives before too long. :D
Yesterday was my first juggling performance ever. It wasn't so much a formal performance, though, as it was showing up at a party with our toys to keep the kids out of trouble while the parents talked. Well, the parents probably watched some of the time too. We were standing right in the middle of the lawn. A few parents came over to thank us for sharing our toys, apologize for their children, or, a few times, play the juggling equipment. The kids liked to watch, and they also liked to play with the toys, though not usually in the way they were meant to be played with. Several of them grabbed some balls and a juggling club and ran off to play baseball. A couple of them just threw balls on the ground for a few minutes. Most of the kids would pick something up, ask us to show them how to do it, and then walk away the moment we started. It made me nervous when the kids would come close to look when we juggled fire or knives. Finally, I took four balls, lined them up in the grass about ten feet away from where Rob and I were juggling, and told them that if anything was in our hands or in the air, they weren't allowed to cross the line. It actually worked, too... for a few minutes.
At practice after our performance, I was trying a new trick with the flaming poi and hit myself in the back of the head. A few hours later, I was running my fingers through my hair and realized that although I hadn't caught my hair on fire, I had singed it. I can't tell if it's bad enough that I'll need to cut off the burnt part. Since no one's said anything about it, I'm guessing probably not. Either way, I'm glad it was the back of my head instead of my face.
The saying is true: You shouldn't play with fire--you might get burned. But where's the fun in that?
3 comments:
That's the way the ball bounces, eh?
Aren't you the one who cut your hair to the scalp -- twice -- for fun? What is one more time???
Wait.. what? Cathryn was bald? O_O
Hey cathryn, I like short hair on girls but uh.. being bald lol I don't know about that ;)
Post a Comment