I was up later than I intended last night because I went to a bonfire, set up by the people in the barracks. Even though I knew there would be alcohol (I try to avoid large groups of people getting drunk if I can), I decided to go because it seemed like a good chance to meet some of the people I'll be sharing a common room with. The more names I know, the less awkward I'll feel when I cook or do laundry, I suppose.
The bonfire was actually pretty fun. Marty and Scott were playing guitar while Blake played on an indian drum with them, and they sang along. It sounded pretty good. I learned eight or ten names, and spent some time talking to half a dozen people.
Gwen, the lady who wanted to turn me in to the police for assault and battery last year because I purportedly knocked her unconscious with a pillow and gave her a three-day headache (she did try to get me fired, which didn't work, obviously), has apparently not forgotten me, or forgiven me. According to at least two different people, as soon as she learned I was coming back, she went off about how I had beaten her last year and she couldn't believe they were letting me come back and blah blah blah, talking about it nonstop to whoever would listen. I'm a little annoyed, but it's not like she can do any real harm, since the only people whose opinions of me I care about are too smart to listen to her. At least she's more or less staying out of my way, since she's working in grounds this year, and I'm still in housekeeping.
Rye rented the movies Bolt, Stoned Age, and Journey to the Center of the Earth. We watched the second two today, and they were both fantastic. Saving Bolt for tomorrow, because two movies in one day is more than enough for me.
I also promised Peter I would start drinking soy milk instead of normal milk. So when I was at Safeway, I got soy milk, rice milk, and almond milk. So far, I like the almond milk best. Not a big fan of the rice milk. Soy milk is better than rice, but not as good as almond. And that's my two cents.
This post has been brought to you by the word quidnunc.
5 comments:
Why do you have to drink soy milk?
It's not reaaaaaaaal milk! :P
ewwww. but you can drink it if there is enough chocolate in it, I suppose.
Think of all the poor cows you're putting out of work! This economic downturn is bad enough, and if you keep this up, there will be Government Bailouts for dairy cattle!
Why does he want you to drink soy milk instead of regular milk?
Post a Comment