Today, I was having a conversation with Peter and we got to talking about excommunication. What happens when you get excommunicated? he wondered. Frankly, I don't know, since I've never been excommunicated and don't really know anyone who has been. (I think when I was really little, I had a friend whose mom was, but she and I didn't exactly poor our hearts out to each other on a regular basis.) Well, when in doubt, what does one do? "MOOOOMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!" So I picked up my phone and called my mom. She picked up, and I said, "Okay, um... Mom... you're not going to be very happy when I ask you this... but um... what exactly happens when you get excommunicated?" Dead silence. And then my dad picked up the phone, chased Mom off, and proceeded to talk for about twenty minutes about something completely unrelated. I can only imagine what my poor mother was thinking. Hahahaha! That couldn't have gone better if I'd planned it!
I did eventually get the answer. And no, I don't plan on getting excommunicated anytime soon. But I did finally get a new power supply for my piano, so I can play again!!! WOOT!!!
We had a big argument at juggling practice today over whether or not I would look good in a slinky dress. And by "big argument," I mean everyone insisted I would look good in one, and I said, "No, I absolutely would not." They decided that after our next practice, we're all going to pile in the car and go to Value Village and try some on. I ONLY agreed to go because Rob and Blake said that if I put on a slinky dress, they would too.
We had probably eight people at practice, which is actually about average now. Rob says he's actually proud of me for picking the club back up. YAY!!! :D We're manning a booth to show off to high school kids this Friday, then have a performance on Halloween. The Multi-Cultural Office said they're having an event in November that they would like us to perform for as well. I also want to go to the lady who's in charge of the Pub (yes, this university has a pub on campus) and see if she'll let us--or at least those of us over 21--perform there one evening. I wasn't going to charge--it just seemed like a good way to recruit.
After my chiropractor appointment today, I went in the Subway downtown to grab some food. After I pulled up, I realized it seemed like a kind of sketchy place. The Subway was in an outlet mall, and the entrance was shared with the place next door, which was a smoker's gift shop. I decided it couldn't hurt to at least go in and check it. I figured if the place looked as sketchy on the inside as the outside, I could always just turn around and leave. So in I went....
And the people working on the Subway staff were the friendliest Subway staff I have ever met. They were super smily and bouncy, and I gave the one making my sandwich a hard time because it was her second day on the job, teased the one at the cash register for getting paid to watch the other two girls work. He gave me an extra cookie. :D So I tipped them. I'm definitely going back there next time I'm in the area and hungry.
3 comments:
Great job with the club! Congrats!
You in a dress?! I'm not sure I've ever seen such an event. I'm not sure I'd believe it unless there is photo proof. Be sure to post the 3 of you when you guys don dresses. I'm sure it'll be interesting! :)
YES YES!!..You know the rulez!!..PICS or it NEVER HAPPENED!!
And Excommunication?..my Ex was kicked out..It dosent mean your a bad person or anything,or evil.Seems to me that if you dont toe the line and "CONFORM" to their expectations..they use it as a threat.Whoop-dee-doo. I actually QUIT recently.Just was not right for me.
Trolled.
Post a Comment