Saturday, October 17, 2009

Glasses

I broke my glasses today. I was buying a broom and a bunch of other stuff and started to drop the eggs I was holding, tried to catch the carton, and the handle of the broom swung around and nailed my glasses, knocking the nosepiece askew. So I tried to straighten the nosepiece, but the glasses are five years old and I'm not exactly gentle with them... in fact, I have to straighten that nosepiece usually five or six times a week, which is why the metal was so weak.

So I don't know whether I should go see if I can get the nosepiece welded back on or if I should just get new glasses. I mean, five years is a pretty good old age for glasses. Maybe I should get a pair that's a little sturdier. Maybe even the kind where the nosepiece is built into the glasses so it can't really break off.

Hmmm, what to do... guess I'll go see how much fixing the glasses would cost first and then compare. Heck, if they're both relatively cheap, maybe I'll do both and actually have a backup pair! :O

5 comments:

dubby said...

We do have glasses insurance though it is pretty skanky - like fifty dollars or something. When did you last have your eyes checked? You might have trouble finding glasses with a prescription over a year old.

There is a place on the internet where you can get glasses for $39 a pair. You SHOULD always have a backup pair.

Obliviocelot said...

My last exam was less than six months ago, and I still have the prescription slip the doctor gave me. :D

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I vote for new glasses. But be sure to file the insurance. You got some money back on the last pair, remember. I didn't think it was five years ago, was it? Or was that just the exam? Anyway, I vote for a new pair of glasses, with a cheap spare pair, too. Your daddy loves you.

Obliviocelot said...

I bought my current pair four months after I started college at BYU (which was January of 2005). This past May, for the first time, I got an eye exam and put new lenses in that same pair of glasses. So the prescription is "officially" up to date, but the glasses themselves are... well, I guess only four and a half years old.

Allen said...

Ah, I remember when I used to wear glasses...