Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kitty!

One of my roommates got a green cheek conure. I'm not a fan of birds, but this one is kind of pretty and so far has been fairly quiet and well-behaved (and hasn't attacked anyone, unlike a certain rooster I know). Casey's thinking of naming him Chaucer, but it's been three days and he hasn't decisively chosen a name yet, so I continue to call his bird Kitty. Kitty seems fairly smart and cuddly, although today he's kind of in a mood. Normally when I move slowly and talk quietly, he seems to like me reaching in and petting him and picking him up, but today he'll have none of it. He climbed all over the cage, then flew across the room, so I retrieved him and put him on Casey's shoulder, since he didn't seem to want to be around me. Kitty promptly crapped all over Casey. Silly Kitty.

2 comments:

dubby said...

sounds like one of my kitties at the museum.

Allen said...

Conures are moody. Watch out.