Saturday, October 24, 2009

New!

When I get my own place, I'm going to actually learn to cook. And I'm going to actually cook almost every day. I have decided this. Also, I'm getting a dog and a gun, just because it seems like a wise idea... My friend from juggling club, Becca, says if I get a dog, she wants to move in with me. Also, she wants to drag me out on a shopping trip to make me start dressing like a girl. Rawr! Nothing wrong with dressing like a Lint Monkey!

So anyway, Becca and I drove down to North Pole today to look at dogs. It figures the one day a week the place is closed happens to be Fridays. Oh well--we'll just have to go again! :D

Speaking of puppies, Tony's dog is having puppies this weekend. Pitbull/chocolate lab mix. I expect they're going to look really funny.

I've been looking for a cabin to move into for weeks. I'm not really too concerned about running water, but I want something with a loft (pretty common for dry cabins), within 5 miles of the university, and a place that allows dogs. Oh yeah, also 600 a month or less. The only ones I've found have been taken before I could even call to see them.

Theoretically, my new glasses are coming in tomorrow!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!

8 comments:

Terrace said...

a gun? O_o

Beth said...

I agree with Terrace.O_o

Obliviocelot said...

Yeah, a gun. If I get a cabin in the woods and someone decides to break in, I want a dog to alert me about it and a gun to defend myself. Also, if there's a bear or something in the yard and I need to use the outhouse or get in my car or something, and it won't go away, I'd rather have something just in case I go out there and it doesn't like that.

Basically, I would rather have a gun and never need to use it than not have one and end up in a situation where I need it.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Or.... you could just live someplace where you'll never need it.

Fat Bear in Dress said...

Somehow, the thought of you operating a firearm is scary in itself...I'm picturing an "oops" and a few missing toes...

BTW, I own 3.

dubby said...

Fat Bear, is that 3 referring to firearms, dogs . . . or toes???

Fat Bear in Dress said...

Heh, Yes!

CaptainCaveMan said...

An Outhouse?....Better have a heated seat unless you wanna be making an awkward 911 call about getting frozen in...