This last Sunday was a ton of fun. Normally, I go out to visit my adopted family in North Pole for dinner on Sunday evenings, but this Sunday, I kind of skipped out on that. Instead, I invited over a couple of friends from church to my cabin to play Apples to Apples and eat frozen pizza. Well, not frozen. I mean, we cooked it before we ate it.
Anyway, since no one but Jack knew how to get there, we decided I would drive David, and Jack would ride with Joslyn and Chris and direct them to the cabin. First, though, everyone wanted to drop by their houses to change. Joslyn and Jack live in the same apartment building, so we stopped at Jack's first. Thus began the promotion of David.
See, Jack's roommate, Dave, collects swords, which he stores right by the front door of the apartment. David started toying with the swords while Jack and I changed (Jack in his bedroom and I in the bathroom, because I had left a change of clothes there because I had taken a shower there that morning because I don't have running water at my cabin). Partway through, I heard David call something about needing a Band-aid because he had cut his finger on one of the swords. I snickered a little to myself, but didn't really think much of it. I finished changing and brought my shower bag out to the living room, where I saw David scrubbing ineffectively at the wall with a dry paper towel while two of his fingers practically spurted blood, which was dripping down past his wrist. The top quarter inch of skin on those two fingers were darn near sliced off. Holy crap!
"How did you do this?"
"I was just trying to open it!"
"You don't OPEN a sword! That's your problem!"
"It was sharper than I thought."
"You don't test a sword by drawing it with your fingers on the blade!"
Jack led him to the bathroom while I cleaned the blood off the wall... and counter... and floor... and sword... and more of the floor... and then Joslyn and Chris showed up. After I finished cleaning, I looked down the hall to the bathroom and saw David practically passed out on the floor while Chris and Jack made fun of him for nearly killing himself trying to "open" a sword. Joslyn was bandaging his fingers and calling for scissors. In the end, I went in and helped her bandage and clean him up (he was woozy from the sight of blood, not from lack of it, don't worry) while the other guys stood out of the way and laughed.
To me, the funniest part was that the guy who cut himself was an Eagle scout, the other two guys were also Eagle scouts, and the girls, who, obviously, were NOT scouts, ended up being the ones to administer the first aid. (Actually, I just did what Josi directed, but I still helped!) Scouts are so useful. ;)
David seemed okay after drinking some orange juice, and after that, we headed over to the cabin and had a blast playing Apples to Apples and eating pizza. When we finished, Chris drove Joslyn home, and I took Jack and David out to Fox so they could help me haul some more water to my cabin. I've never had help hauling water before. It went WAY faster that way! Also, the well was really darn cold, almost completely iced over, and the ceiling had something that looked like fluffy icicles hanging about six inches down. It turned out to be snowcicles. I wish I'd had my camera, because it was AWESOME! I've never seen anything like it.
My mom sent my dog two squeaky toys for Christmas. They lasted her about ten minutes before she ripped them apart. I'm a little glad, really. I was a little worried that I would never get any sleep ever again. It was so funny watching it, though.
Fortunately, I got a video of her enjoying them. Later, I was playing one of the videos on my computer, and Stormy went nuts because she knew the sound, but she couldn't figure out where it was coming from! Silly puppy.




3 comments:
Kay, that was a terrible post to read while eating chili. Just sayin... gross!!!
awww....purty puppy!Got a pair of Akitas here tho..Rush is 1 yr old,and Radar is only 5 MONTHS old and is almost the same size as Rush!! Paw the size of my PALM!!Hes gonna be HUGE!!(I hope)
Once I get MY PC up and running again I'll post a few pics.
Time to post again...
Post a Comment