Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas and stuff

I was a little depressed thinking this would be a lame Christmas, but it actually wasn't. Jack had to work a 24-hour shift, but he managed to get six hours off for lunch and dinner as long as he was on half-hour recall (if they called him, he had to be there within half an hour). So I brought Jack and Stormy to Cindy's house for dinner. We had a great time. Cindy taught me how to make homemade eggnog (non-alcoholic), and Jack and Mike and Dave struck up a conversation that sounded like it was mostly about military stuff. (Mike and Dave are Vietnam vets.) Stormy got along great with Cindy's dog, Jeter. We didn't introduce Stormy to the horses, but Cindy did let Jack and I help feed them. Well, follow along, really. Cindy even gave us presents! It was really nice and actually felt very Christmasy, with the great meal and the decorations and the Charlie Brown-ish Christmas tree and a bunch of people and dogs having a grand old time.

Then Jack had to go back to work, but I was allowed to keep him company for a while. Unfortunately, when Jack's in uniform, it turns I'm not allowed to show any kind of physical affection. And since Jack had to stay in uniform even when he was gone, it made for a very interesting day.

Tomorrow, the Clan is opening Christmas presents. I feel like a dork, because I got something for everyone except Jack. Well, not true. I got Jack something, but it was a cheap little thing, and I kind of wanted to get him something nice too.

I'd ramble on, but it's two in the morning, and I have to get up early, so I'm going to sleep. Toodles!

No comments: