Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wheeee!

At FHE this evening, we played Zombie Tag, which meant you start out with one zombie, and the zombie tags other people by biting them. Instead of having a new zombie, they're now both zombies, and the game continues till everyone's a zombie. I actually did pretty well--I was one of the last standing (not counting the pansies who were hiding), and had a lovely dramatic death in which I screamed and fell to my knees and did the whole "It's getting dark..." spiel, and then I convulsed several times before rising back up again and lunging for the throat of some poor person who had decided that just because I was on the floor, I wasn't a threat. Unfortunately, of the 25-ish people at the activity, only about six or eight of them actually played. The rest were grossed out by the idea that we had to bite each other. So instead, the guy in charge decided we could play Freeze Tag (also called Stuck in the Mud). When people get tagged, they stand still with their legs spread, and you can unfreeze someone by crawling between their legs. Well, one guy got tagged, a second tried to crawl between his legs and got tagged as well, so they were standing one in front of the other, and I sprinted across the room and did a dive and slid underneath both of them at once in a heroic save! It was epic! Only I got a nasty rug burn by doing so. It kind of stings. It will not be fun when it is infected. But it was such a cool move that it was worth it. Also, I took a little satisfaction in the fact that I was the only girl who was not too sissy to play.

Afterward, I sat down at the piano for a little while and started playing one of the Mario theme songs. Remy stuck his head in the door of the room where I was playing the piano and said, "Oh my gosh, I love you!" and blew me a kiss. Jack (who I started dating roughly two weeks ago) went after him. It was this awesome epic battle with leet ninja skills and throwing stars and bazookas. They ended up calling a truce--Jack says Remy can have me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's so nice that they can share. :P

I also got to talk with the stake president this evening, and the meeting went on for about forty-five minutes. It was pretty cool. He's such a nerd. He kept straying from the subject to talk about Star Trek and Lord of the Rings and stuff. Awesome! I love this guy!

School's been busy, but not actually completely overwhelming. The really frustrating part is the fact that it's starting to look like the school has found yet another way to keep me here and leech money from me for another semester or two. Jerks. And yes, I will be fighting this. I'm done. Since when is school more about fulfilling petty little requirements than actual learning, anyway?

Oh yeah, also, my dog is a jerk. She stole almost half of my pizza today, then pooped on my kitchen floor. Rude! She's lucky she's so cute and cuddly, I tell ya. Seriously, though, one of the first things on my to-do list after I finish with finals is to set up a dog-run for her, so I can let her outside without having to worry about a) her running into traffic (not that there's a lot of that around here) or b) her running into my other yards, getting into trash, and being dragged home by my irate neighbors demanding I keep my "blankety blank" dog under control. I'll still have to worry about wolves, but meh, minor detail.

Oh oh oh oh oh! Guess what guess what guess what!!! I got approved for the Alaska PFD! Know what that means? It means I can probably afford tuition next semester! WOOOOT!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and I have a friend moving to Oregon because he thinks Oregon is a less depressing place than Fairbanks. That amuses me. I should get this friend in touch with Terrace. :P

That said, I'm going to go finish preparing tomorrow's presentation now. I can't wait for finals to end so I can take a break!

2 comments:

dubby said...

Who are you what have you done with my little girl that is never going to grow up???

CaptainCaveMan said...

But but...Tues. and Thurs. leave me completely out of the loop!!...bummer.Guess I'll settle for the odd few minutes I can catch ya online..(pout)

and whats a PFD?...( noob question I assume )..=/