Monday, January 17, 2011

Yaaaaaaay...

Still no luck job hunting. It depresses me that even with a college degree, I still don't even qualify to shovel horse manure. (Seriously, I was told not to even waste their time by applying for the position.) I found some really weird job titles too, such as "Kitchen Table Coordinator." Seriously? I didn't know kitchen tables needed to be coordinated. I can only assume that Kitchen Table is the name of some business or other. I've sent in a few applications, but it feels like I only qualify for one out of every 250 jobs, and I only know of so many places to search. I did find a linguistics job, but I would have to enlist in the army for it and go through boot camp, and then anytime my husband and I are both in uniform, I would have to salute him and call him Sir, and I don't think that's going to happen.

So bottom line, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Good luck. It's a tight market, for sure. Is there a professional association for linguists? Professional organizations are great network tools... you can go and find out who the 60-somthings are, and make friends with them, and then find out when they'll be retiring and then you can apply for their jobs. Sometimes you may have to wait a bit, but that's one good thing about professional organizations. As Scooby might way, Rotsa Ruck.