My milk is three days past the expiration date. But it's not visibly curdling yet, so I figure it's still okay to drink.
Also, I spilled it also over myself and my keyboard. I really need to remember to check to make sure the lid is screwed on before I shake a drink up. Oy vey.
But no use crying over spilt milk, I guess. Heh.
2 comments:
Milk has a sell by date, not an expiration date. It is supposed to be good for a week after the sell by date if you keep it refrigerated. And if it smells or has lumps, then you throw it out.
Sorry about your keyboard. I guess your writing is going to get a little cheesy, eh? Does this mean that you'll soon have butterfingers? Hey, milk it for all its worth!
If the milk smells sour or like cheese, I'd chuck it. But unless it does, I'd guess that three days past the expiration date should still be good. As long as it's been in the fridge the whole time, even I would probably drink it as long as it didn't smell bad if it was only three days past. And that's saying something.
However, bopnopper and I got hold of something that your mom had put out for us last week, and it was really, really foul, and we looked, and it had expired in 2003! Bopnopper also found a jar of jelly in the fridge that was several years old, it was so old it had turned brown! She said (and I agree) that she refuses to eat brown jelly, so we chucked it. (Shhhh...Don't tell mom, she'll get mad. Until it is decayed past the unrecognizable stage, mom still considers it good. Two nights ago we found some graham crackers in the kitchen that expired in March of 2007... they tasted like burnt plastic, and had the mouth feel of artificial cheese slices. There's no telling when SharpShopper had sold them...).
Post a Comment