Monday, June 29, 2009

Sunburn!!!

Okay, you doubting Mustafas, here's proof that you CAN get a sunburn in Alaska.

I came home from work and had a really hard time taking a shower, since my burn wouldn't tolerate warm water, but the rest of me didn't like the cold water. Grrr! This is shortly after I got out of the shower, so my hair is a little wet and I'm in my PJs. Scandalous, I know. I don't really care at the moment, though.



Don't you love how my hands are pasty white, but the arms are baked? All I need is blue nail polish, and I'll be all ready for the fourth of July, yeah?

Bleh, speaking of which, I was wearing work gloves all day, and now my hands smell like dirty socks. Yuck! Aren't you glad I told you that?

6 comments:

Terrace said...

Very glad :P

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Sunscreen. SPF 45. Worked great in the Rockies at 12000 feet ASL, assume it will work at sea-level too. Out all day without a hat, short sleeves, two days from early morning to sunset, can't even tell I was outside. I smelled like dirty socks too, but I took a nice hot soaking shower and didn't hurt a bit. Sunscreen. SPF 45. Let me know if you can't find it in the popsicle state and I'll send you some.

Fat Bear in Dress said...

BTW, I love the "Aladdin" reference only four words into your post! Nicely done.

Mike said...

I will now never go to Alaska for fear of getting a bad sunburn. Thank you for the warning!

CaptainCaveMan said...

Go find you some PURE Aloe,if possible.Fresh from the plant is the best.But I doubt you have aloe growing anywhere close.Banana Boat makes a great aloe sunburn gel as well.

CaptainCaveMan said...

I can say this from my location of relative safety. If you get a really deep facial tan,then dye your hair bright orange......can I call you Beaker??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A
(ducks the thrown hatchet as it flies past!!)