Friday, July 24, 2009

Chickens are terrifying monsters, not cute little animals to write children's stories about

I will forever have nightmares about chickens. This morning there were two dead ones on the ground when I went in their coop to feed them. The dead ones were surrounded by other chickens that were eating its corpse. When I left the cage to fill up their water container, one chicken snuck out between my feet and tried to run off. Fortunately, she was too stupid to get very far, but as Jake (the dog) and I chased her down, I noticed she was carrying something in her mouth. She dropped it just before we finished chasing her back into her cage, and after I locked her in, I stooped down to look at it. It was the intestines of one of the dead chickens. I wanted to throw up. I hate chickens.

The Packs are on another fishing trip, so I'm watching the house for them again. On their last night before they left, Noah and Kamryn decided they wanted to sleep with me, so there were two kids, a dog, and a Lint Monkey all sleeping in one bed. We would have fit fine, except Noah decided to sleep sideways and spend all night kicking me, whining, and shoving me with his feet. If I couldn't tell by his breathing that he was really asleep, I would have thought he was doing it on purpose just to be a pest. (He does stuff like that a lot.) Then at about six in the morning, I woke up to Noah jumping up and down on my face, commanding me to wake up while the dog tried to play Tug of War with my forearm. After that, it's really nice having the run of the house. Plus, I get to use their internet, so I have more than twenty minutes to update my blog. Except not right now, because my laundry just finished, which means it's time to put it in the dryer and then go finish washing those windows for Rolf before he gets back from his fishing trip.

7 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

You need to know that your daddy is exerting all his willpower to keep from giving you advice. He is building it up inside, and if it ever escapes, it's going to split the entire state of Alaska wide open. But for now, he's holding it inside, hoping that you'll put some thought into what you are doing, and ... um, er, ...

Fat Bear in Dress said...

Well said...

dubby said...

I love chickens.

CaptainCaveMan said...

Having worked on an egg farm....I agree with you 3 bazillion %. Nasty,disgusting animals...dumb as a box of rocks.We are not going to go into deatail of the terrors I have expierenced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZrhdy2UdY
Enjoy....and watch out for the feathers!!

Terrace said...

There are a ton of chickens nextdoor.. never ever seen that haha

Pretty gross ..

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

WOW! What a YouTube video! Great. Thanks for sharing the link, Cap'n.

CaptainCaveMan said...

I have been toying with the idea of a blog of my own. A place to like cool stuff I find on the interwebz if nothing else...