Okay, here's a quick update before the library computer logs me off: I'm living with Kamryn's family for now. Spent sixteen hours working for Woodcutter Mike yesterday, but on Thursday, he's leaving on a fishing trip until September, so I'm basically done with that job for the summer. I applied at the marine museum and to a guy who's clearing some land and needs help managing brush fires and using heavy machinery. I'm having trouble getting internet on my computer, and I don't have anything I could call "my own space." Noah tried to play with my mag light today and lost the bulb in the gravel somewhere. (Thank Torvanos for Cindy's sharp eyes. She managed to find it and there's no permanent harm done.) I can't decide whether to try and take both jobs or whether I should just see how many hours Rolf will give me clearing brush and stuff. But Rolf's leaving for a few days anyway. He said he would see if his wife wants me to clean their house really well or something while he's gone.
Basically, I'm playing by ear a lot lately. Right now, I'm at the library babysitting the kids. Spent a lot of the afternoon helping Cindy shovel chicken poo and move the swingset and trampoline. My arms are getting pretty strong.
The kids look like they're about ready to go, so I should skidaddle. Toodles!
1 comment:
Thats good to hear.Drool over the Heavy Machinery.I would try to pick up as many skill sets as possible IMO. Once the economy turns itself around they may be in higher demand again(jealous,I love Hvy.Equip....like playing with big Tonka toys)I would not be at all suprised if you enjoyed it either=P.
Post a Comment