I've been meaning to update my blog for the last three days or so, and I keep forgetting. Well, no, it's because I keep falling asleep early. At least I wake up early, too, though. Better than falling asleep early and waking up late. If I did that, though, I would claim I was just hibernating. Yeah, that's it.
So, a couple of days ago, I decided my room was disgusting and I should probably clean it. So I did. It took the better part of six hours. Picking it up wasn't too bad--I do pick my room up periodically. No, I went to the front desk and got powerful chemicals and a vacuum cleaner and scrubbed my room top to bottom. It was really gross. And my microwave looked and smelled like someone had thrown up in it. Ewwwww. So now it's all clean, and every time I start to get up from my computer, I have to do a double-take before I remember that yes, indeed, I AM in my own room. Well, maybe it's not my "own," since technically, it belongs to the resort, but you know what I mean!
My favorite part of my job, I think, is making children's beds. You can usually tell because they have toys and stuffed animals and blankets with pictures of Batman or Cinderella or Power Rangers or My Little Ponies. Maybe it's weird of me, but I usually put a little more effort into making kids' beds... I arrange the stuffed animals, or tuck them in... and Rye just about rolled his eyes out of his head the time when he folded a blanket with pictures of Disney princesses on it and I refolded it so the princesses were on the outside.
Today, there were some adorable little kids in cabin two... one girl, maybe four or five years old, was clutching this stuffed seal that was as big as she was. She and a little boy about two kept talking to me while I was talking to their mom, and every time I looked down at them, their eyes would get wide and they'd hide behind Mom's legs.
Changing subjects! I'm such an airhead sometimes that it's not even funny. Yes it is. It's hilariously funny. At work, they keep bugging me to wear gloves. "It's cold." "Your hands will stick to the doorhandles." "You'll get frostbite." So finally, I got two pairs of gloves. Two days ago, I wore one pair in to work. It seemed like every thirty seconds, I would stop, turn around, and say "Where did I put my gloves?" At the end of the day, I left them in the housekeeping van. At least, I think that's where I left them. So I'm stuck with my other pair of gloves until the next time we use the van. So today, I wore my other pair of gloves. And yes. I lost them. Lucky me, Beth gave me yet another pair of gloves... they're not snowboarding gloves like the two I lost, but they actually fit me, which is thoroughly amazing in and of itself. (I have freakishly large hands and have always had problems finding fitting gloves.) Maybe I'll be able to keep this pair.
5 comments:
Maybe you should get the little clips that clip your gloves to your coat. Tee hee hee.
Sorry, I needed a scratch pad...
Verse I
Lost in memories, like some lonely man.
When life doesn't go just the way that I planned.
Search for answers everywhere that I can.
Some things just happen I don't understand...
Chorus I
(It's) Unexpected! What I'm feeling inside.
I can't deny it. You've left me nowhere to hide.
Do you believe it? When I say that it's true.
So unexpected...Falling in love with you.
Cool...More to come while writing!
So where are the pics or you and this hot guy? You are obviously enamored with this guy and you've mentioned him a few times now. :)
Wow...I think I could get use to being referred to as "hot"! However, there are a few problems with that.
A) I'm not hot.
B) Please adjust your T.V.
C) I'm not hot.
If I fall somewhere between "Not-Ugly and Average" I'm good with it!
Now, all that being said, it made me smile! Thanks!!
ah hahahahaha!!
Post a Comment