So that's that about jewelry. Yep.
I recently realized that I complain too much. So my goal is to stop complaining entirely for a week, joking or not. I figure if I can do that, that'll kind of put me in the habit and maybe I'll be a less negative person. It's a start, at least, right? Right?
I have a friend on WoW, Tigris, that I really look up to. He has a lot he can complain about, but he's always one of the most positive people I know. In raids, when we're all dying a lot and people are arguing and getting mad, Tigris keeps cracking jokes and saying "We'll do it this time." He's had some trouble in real life too, and I know he's trying really really hard to overcome it and make his life better, even though it's hard and he's scared. I respect that a lot. I wish I knew more people like him.
The chocolate banana cream cake Rye made for the Christmas party last night was quite possibly the most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth. The party was a whole lot of fun, actually. We hooked up a Wii to the big-screen television in the party hall and played Wii sports for a while (I beat the snot out of Rye in tennis, but couldn't do golf to save my life), then put in Rayman Raving Rabbids (or something like that). Oh my gosh that game was a hoot! (to use my mom's term.) Then we had a gift exchange--the white elephant kind where you steal people's presents. I got some fancy chocolates, which of course were stolen later. I didn't mind, though, because I can hardly tell the difference between Hershey's and Ghirardelli. I was glad someone who could appreciate them got 'em. Me, I went straight for the LED flashlight that you can clip onto the brim of your baseball cap. Dead useful for me, since I'm always wearing a baseball cap. I brought in a toy sword. It had a little trigger on it, and when you pulled the trigger, it lit up, made noises, and vibrated. Kind of a gag gift, but someone actually stole it, and the younger people (20-25 age group) seemed to love it. I didn't have any wrapping paper, or even newspaper, so I wrapped it in aluminum foil, then wrapped that completely in masking tape. Even with his pocketknife, the guy who opened it had trouble, and everyone laughed their heads off about it. I think that was the best part.
And I made some brownies, and people actually liked them! It was just store-bought brownie mix with chocolate chips added, and I didn't know when I baked them that the oven cooks 25 degrees hot... but apparently they turned out good enough that when I tried to take them home, Tracy and Freda just about trampled me to grab the last brownies. Well, that's not true... I had eaten too much and didn't want to see any more food for a week, but they still said they liked the brownies and begged to be allowed to have the leftovers since I didn't want them.
Learning experience! DiGiorno pizzas should not ever ever ever be cooked in the microwave. Ruins them. A lot. Just so ya know.
Oh, along with the LED hat-light, I also got a smelly candle. The scent is called First Snow, but it doesn't smell anything like snow. But I was cold today and decided to light it anyway. ...Okay, that's a lie, I just wanted to play with fire. And even though it smells nothing like snow, it's not too bad. And hey, flames. 'Nuff said.
It's supposed to snow this week! I'm stoked! Apparently it was too cold to snow this morning. Did you know it's possible for it to be too cold to snow?? I didn't. I just assumed anything under 32 was fair game for snow, but noooo. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If it's possible for it to get too cold to snow, how is there snow in places like Antarctica? I know there's snow there--you can't fool me! But hey, I didn't invent physics, I just listen to what people tell me and try to discern truth from garbage. It's hard sometimes.
Jewel says I may get to work grounds this summer... if I'm lucky and not enough people apply in grounds and a lot of people apply for housekeeping. Nothing against the housekeepers... but boy I hope I get to work in grounds! Yay for full days of mowing lawns and scrubbing guts out of the fish house! I'm hoping Hillary will come up and work here this summer so I can have a roommate who won't mind my piano taking up half the room.
Now this post is turning into a novel, so I should probably shut up and go to bed.... Toodles! And don't forget, 18 inches of snow before you can safely go snowmobiling. (PS - This next picture is of my Mervyn in his new doofy-looking armor. I think his daggers glow like Christmas lights.)
1 comment:
I tried to make a box mix here in Belgium and forgot that the little line with three triangles isn't bake, it's broil. So the top was burned and black and smelly and the insides were still cold and soupy. Bother.
Post a Comment