Sunday, May 18, 2008

Drooool

Exhausted after a long day of work, I came home and reviewed the reason I never sleep on my stomach. After twenty minutes of drooling all over my arm, my snores woke me up. I never snore... except when I sleep on my stomach. Ditto with drooling. Honest.

I spent the last two days house-sitting for the Packs, which meant I slept in a real bed, a soft one with a temperpedic (sp?) mattress pad and no less than seven pillows on it. Now my back is killing me from sleeping on a soft bed for the first time in years.

I also got to babysit the dog, Kodie, and the 20-some chickens. I've decided I don't just hate ravens. I hate all birds. Stupid chickens. Every time I tried to get their water thing to fill it up, about six of them would peck at my hands, and they never stopped their incessant chirping, no matter what time it was, and they kept trying to fly out of the cage (succeeded three times, too) and they smelled bad and made a big mess. Besides that, they're ugly. Even uglier than my little sister. (Partly because my sister got really pretty, but I'm not about to tell her that. Oh, oops, I kind of just did.) But seriously, I can see why people kill chickens. Because they're ugly and stupid and smelly and mean and not really good for anything else.

Kodie (I finally learned how to spell her name right!) is the best dog in the whole world, by the way. She's a Corgi, so she's got really short stubby legs and no tail, so instead of wagging her tail, she just shakes her furry butt. Her ears stick up like a cat's instead of drooping like a stereotypical dog's, and she has a very expressive face. I swear she smiles when she's happy. She sat and watched me while I practiced juggling, and when I dropped the balls, she ran and got them and brought them back to me and didn't even make me fight her for them like I expected she would. (That picture isn't Kodie, it's just a picture of a Corgi I yanked off Google. Kodie doesn't have any black on her back--she's mostly yellow. She's also a lot cuter.) When I left to go to work, Kodie begged me to take her with me and gave me such a look for deserting her that I felt guilty all day long. Yeah, she's got me wrapped around her paw....

Having use of a kitchen was a dangerous thing.... I baked some brownies that surprisingly turned out really really really well, which is new and exciting. But I also cooked a new invention that ended up making me really sick all night. There's a reason I don't cook, remember?

Hm... so I got to work with Steven all day today, which I actually enjoyed. Steven has a habit of stopping working to talk to you, but most of the time, you can just remind him to get back to work and he will without getting offended. I really appreciated working with him today mostly because I really wanted someone to talk to, and Steven is one of the only people who works here that I feel like I can talk to about almost anything, because he actually listens and actually seems to care. He often asks me to tell him stories, which always makes me happy, because if you know me well, you know I love telling stories. Heck, I was in Storytelling Club in college. Very briefly, because it overlapped with the improv team I started, but still.... I don't get the chance to tell many stories anymore. Most of the time, when I start to tell a story, people don't react and seem to get bored with the story, so I feel obligated to hurry up and get to the point. No, dear coworkers, I'm not trying to blame or point fingers or anything like that, honest. Just saying I really enjoyed working with Steven today.

I watched Beauty and the Beast yesterday for the first time since I was like five. It was a lot funnier than I remembered it being. I laughed my way through most of the movie. But the special edition has a scene that definitely wasn't in the original version I watched. It included a song called To Be Human Again, and I honestly felt like it didn't add anything to the movie. In fact, it put three songs back-to-back-to-back, which almost made me start to lose interest. F-minus. But yeah. Funny movie.

That's all for now. Toodles!

3 comments:

dubby said...

Oh, yes, a bed, a dog, and someone to listen to you! Sounds like you have it all!

Terrace said...

Corgis are so cute lol ;o


anyway


I like your stories too!
I just wish I had some more interesting stuff to share to you as well :P

Dianna said...

ohhhh, you are so dead... don't even try to correct it with your "she's so pretty" comment.