Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nyuk nyuk

I'm becoming my father. Today I had to weave my way through a crowd of people and instead of saying "Excuse me" like any normal person would say, I said "Beg pardon." Who says "Beg pardon?" My dad, that's who. And no one else that I've ever met that I can think of. And it's been a year and a half since I last saw my dad. Genes. Nasty stuff. They'll chase you everywhere you go. Horrors!

I really have written a few posts in the last few days. Well, not exactly. Mostly, I started writing short stories, but then got bored halfway through writing them and decided to save them instead of posting them. It's okay. They weren't great stories anyway.

My room smells a bit like dirty socks. How distressing. I'd rather not smell like dirty socks, personally. I'd rather smell like... oh, I don't know... clean hamster litter. Actually, clean hamster litter smells pretty nice. But the best two smells in the world are rain and freshly mowed lawn. (Mowed? Mown? Whatever.) Oh well, better dirty socks than rotten food.

New subject! I have to wonder about this whole venting thing. People say "It's important to vent to people when you're frustrated because otherwise it builds up and then you explode and lose your temper," but as far as I can tell, venting is just another word for complaining, and it's better to just try and think of something else and let the annoyance die away by refusing to think about it. That or by laughing at it. I've noticed a huge number of problems can be solved by laughing at them. Not all, obviously. You wouldn't want to go to your grandmother's funeral laughing maniacally or you'll end up in a padded cell. But you're all smart, you know what I mean.

New subject! Actually, not really. I'm tired because my neighbors thought it would be a good idea to make a lot of noise in the wee hours of the morning. Not even sure whether they were singing or listening to the radio or watching TV or what. Punks. I should have banged on their door and asked them to quiet down or at least called the office, but... well, I didn't. I've kind of been out of it lately because I'm coming down with something. Oh well, I'll get over it.

I had a monster headache the other day. I have a very high pain tolerance, and pain medication doesn't really affect me very much, so I usually avoid taking it unless I'm practically dying. My headache was so bad that when it got to the point that I was shivering from the pain, I finally gave in and decided to take some medicine. Of course, the only medicine I have is the motrin and the percocet they gave me last summer when I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and I was in no condition to drive to the store to get Tylenol or whatever. So I got some food and took a motrin... and then I looked at the bottle and realized I'd accidentally taken a percocet instead. Oops.

The funny thing is, percocet makes both my parents as loopy as the Trix rabbit. I have other friends that it just knocks them flat on their butts for several hours. It hardly even affects me. (I've taken it only once before, right after I got my wisdom teeth out.) I was amused slightly easier than before (no hysterical giggling or anything, though) and after a few hours, I got a little light-headed for about half an hour. Then I was back to normal. That's no fun!

Well, at least it made my headache go away. Huge relief, there. Definitely going to have to be more careful reading medicine bottles in the future, though.

That's all. Toodles!

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Freshly cut grass, eh? We've got that in the yard today, thanks to the fact that I decided to, as the French would say, "Meaux de Laun".

A raccoon tried to go down a groundhog hole just past the edge of the lower 40, and apparently got stuck. There's a dead raccoon's rear end sticking out of the groundhog hole, complete with ringed tail. It doesn't smell too sweet, either.

Interesting about the "beg pardon" phrase. I got that from MY dad.

dubby said...

You should throw away the Motrin because you are allergic to it. I don't think Percocet affects me like that so don't be too sure.

Terrace said...

haha "oops" indeed ;P