Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lint Monkey Juggle Good!



I actually made a video! Zoh my gosh! But my camera batteries still refuse to last more than two minutes at a time, so instead of one continuous video clip, I had to paste together a bunch of short ones... which is okay, because it gave me an excuse to edit out most of my stupid mistakes.

Review review! :D

Still having problem after problem getting my car fixed. With luck, it'll get fixed next Tuesday (knock on wood). When did I break off my catalytic converter? February, I think? This is getting silly. But that's okay.

I finished the Book of Lost Things, by John Connolly. It was an astounding book--I couldn't put it down. It reminded me a little of the Chronicles of Narnia in some ways, and it parodied a bunch of fairy tales, and it had a very definite message behind it. It was a little bit bloody, though, just a warning. It didn't glorify the gore, but it was bloody enough that I wouldn't recommend it to a small child. It's about a boy, about twelve years old, whose mother died. His father remarried soon after and I guess the main thing about the story was about how he had to accept the fact that his mother was gone, let go of his grief, and accept his stepmother and half-brother into his life. But in doing this, he got sucked into the fairy tale world of the books he loved to read so much. I'm not explaining it well, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It's been a while since a book has sucked me in so completely.

I'm now reading another book called Goblin War, by Jim C. Hines. It's a light-hearted, funny book told from the point of view of the clumsy, none-too-bright goblins in your typical fantasy world. Honestly, it's no wonder goblins are usually level 1 or 2 monsters. I'm about a third of the way through it, and it's another one I don't want to put down. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a funny fantasy book.

I'm still struggling through the Dragonbone Chair as well.... It has its moments, but I still can't really get into it. I have trouble getting into books that have too many details, whether it's landscapes, characters, politics, religions, or background stories. Give me humor, plot, and dialog and I'm happy. Well, okay, throw in character development too, and leave out the emo stuff.

Anyway, that's all for now. I do have work tomorrow. Yaaaaay! Toodles!

5 comments:

Terrace said...

very impressive :D!!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Cool! Really cool! Very impressive!

Queen Karana said...

Yes, I agree!
I can't really get into the Dragonbone Chair either.

So glad it's not just me.
The King loves it though.

Sister Hillary Kiser said...

Lint Monkey DO juggle good! ^___^

dubby said...

YAAAAYYYYY, Cathryn!!!!!!!!!!