I decided to pull out my juggling balls and learn some new juggling patterns. I'm working on Mill's Mess right now and I've almost got it... but not quite. Next goal is to learn the Pendulum and my long-term goal is to learn Rubenstein's Revenge. I also learned two other patterns I don't know the names for--they were relatively simple, though. One of them is fairly easy, but it looks really cool. You have your two balls juggling normally and a third ball kind of circling them on the outside. Hard to explain, but it looks nifty, especially with colored balls.
The sad thing is, to learn the Pendulum or Rubenstein's Revenge or almost any other new trick, I'll have to seriously work on doing two in one hand, because they're all dependent on that. And by the way, my left hand is a traitor. It seems like about 90% of the time I mess up, it's because my left hand fumbled. Rawr! Guess I need to start working on my ambi-dexterity again.
There's also, I think, some kind of cosmic law that says that whenever I drop any ball I'm trying to juggle, it has to go underneath a piece of furniture and roll to wherever is the hardest possible spot for me to reach it. I think I spend more time chasing the stupid balls under the bed or the dresser than I do actually juggling. Stupid cosmic law.
For some reason, practicing juggling has gotten me more excited about going back to school this fall. I've decided nothing, not even Leading Edge, is going to keep me from juggling club this year.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the school to see if I'm allowed to go or not... I hope, I hope, I hope!
6 comments:
"I'll have to seriously work on doing two in one hand"
heh heh heh...no comment (sorry, had to be said)
*crosses fingers*
And no matter what your mother thinks, no, I did not post the comment from "anonymous"... Good luck with school. BTW, how did the correspondence courses come out? Did they help?
I think you should put rolled up towels at the edge of the furniture they roll under so you don't have to chase them so far. Or boxes. Or something.
Good luck with school! :)
I wholeheartedly support your going back to juggling club.
Post a Comment