Emmelie says some group or other who thinks their opinion matters more than anyone else's voted The Final Countdown to be the worst song of the century.
To be entirely candid, I kind of like the song. It's upbeat and, as Terrace puts it, "kind of catchy." For the Worst Song Ever award, I'd like to nominate Down With the Sickness, by a group called Disturbed. Besides having no clear melody, the lyrics are horrible, and listening to the song makes me feel really nasty inside. There's a part in the middle of the song where he just starts screaming and cussing out his mother for beating him. I'm putting the video on here for reference, but obviously, you don't have to watch it.
Emmelie got mad at me for nominating this song. Apparently she likes it. I can't understand why anyone would actually enjoy listening to stuff like this. I mean, after having to listening to Linkin Park all the way to and from Anchorage a couple of times, I'm mostly desensitized to most of this kind of junk, but this one, yeesh! I don't think it even qualifies as music! Again, Emmelie got mad at me for saying that. Apparently, it counts as music because "music is expression." That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.
Thoughts?
This post has been brought to you by the word meander.
5 comments:
Ughhh...
Down with the sickness... I hate that song, I rather listen to Linken Park.. and you know how I feel about them >_> lol
I didn't listen to it... I trust your judgment, and simply based on the title, as well as the name the group chose for itself, well, it kinda says it all. I've found that affiliating with that kind of stuff is like working in a cheese factory... the stench gets into your clothes, hair, everything, and you can't get it out. It's better to stay far away from that kind of stuff. Your daddy's proud of you. Keep listening to uplifting music. I like the Final Countdown.
I sent you a DVD a while back about the 2005 Belgium trip. I used the Final Countdown music as accompaniment to the beginning of one of the clips. Trivia question: which city were we visiting in that clip?
I rather enjoy "The Final Countdown" as well. It's catchy, the lyrics have a certain "hook" to them, and the fact that I can play it doesn't hurt, either!
The SpongeBob video is awesome, by the way! LoL
I want to listen to music and go to movies that make me smile. Who would pay money to feel gross inside?
Give me Schnappie die Kleine Krokodile.
Obviously M has problems, but if she wants expression, um, I think...
I, uh, actually really like both songs. What does that say about me? By the way, The Disturbed song is not in the running for worst song of the century, because it is only about 4 years old, and this century won't be over for a while...
As for my personal favorite song... I'd have to vote for Moonshadow, by Cat Stevens.
Post a Comment