Thursday, July 3, 2008

u that u writte for me

I would complain about the fact that most of you guys never update your blogs... but then I realized I haven't updated in like five days either. So I guess I can't complain. Drat.

The lighting in my room is terrible. One day when I'm rich, I'm totally going to get those nice expensive lights that fill a room with rich, pure light... instead of the three wimpy yellow light bulbs that somehow manage to make my room seem even darker when I turn them on. Bah!

For some reason, every time I use Skype, I get eleventy billion weirdos from foreign countries that want to talk to me for no apparent reason. Most of the time, I just ignore them, but occasionally, I'll humor them for a little while. I'm not particularly polite to them, but I'm not enormously rude either. Often, they speak English so poorly that I think they don't even know whether or not I'm being polite. Anyway, here's my most recent example of such a conversation.

[11:24:39 AM] salas_221 says: hi
[11:24:58 AM] salas_221 says: how r u?
[11:25:56 AM] salas_221 says: are u there
[12:16:50 PM] Cathryn says: I am now
[12:24:14 PM] salas_221 says: welcme
[12:24:20 PM] salas_221 says: what news about u?
[12:25:27 PM] Cathryn says: ...who are you?
[12:30:10 PM] salas_221 says: who are u
[12:30:15 PM] salas_221 says: u that u writte for me
[12:30:25 PM] Cathryn says: ...what?
[12:30:36 PM] salas_221 says: let forget
[12:30:44 PM] Cathryn says: Do you speak English?
[12:30:51 PM] salas_221 says: yeah
[12:31:04 PM] Cathryn says: What does "u that u writte for me" mean?
[12:31:39 PM] salas_221 says: nothing forget it
[12:31:49 PM] Cathryn says: ...okay
[12:32:03 PM] salas_221 says: how is ur name
[12:33:21 PM] Cathryn says: Stephanie. What's yours? Where do you live?
[12:35:06 PM] salas_221 says: my name is salas canada
[12:35:49 PM] Cathryn says: How many languages do you speak?
[12:37:15 PM] salas_221 says: 4lgs
[12:37:41 PM] salas_221 says: english frensh germany arabe
[12:37:52 PM] salas_221 says: but why u ask me this?
[12:38:15 PM] Cathryn says: because I can barely understand your English.
[12:41:15 PM] salas_221 says: its good
[12:41:25 PM] salas_221 says: so wht do you want now?
[12:41:41 PM] Cathryn says: What do you mean, what do I want?
[12:42:03 PM] salas_221 says: yeah
[12:43:36 PM] Cathryn says: I'd like to know why you wanted to talk to me.
[12:44:30 PM] salas_221 says: oki for resolved this take care and dont writte for that all
[12:44:39 PM] salas_221 says: so bye

What a strange little man.

Toodles!

2 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Your mother... AND your father... both taught you, from the time you were really, really young, NOT to converse with strangers. It is widely known that conversing with strangers is generally NOT a good thing. Just what the heck do you think you are doing? Don't make us have to come up there... ;-)

Your daddy loves you.

dubby said...

What a strange little man! lol