Monday, November 24, 2008

Joyous!!!

One word: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!!!!!!

Guess what guess what guess what!!! Almost all of my credits ended up transferring! I only need 9 or possibly 10 more classes to graduate! Figuring five classes a semester, like I've always done, I can take off this summer to work and graduate next fall without having to take out a loan!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Also, I went to talk to a linguistics professor I'd never met before to ask if I could take a course from him independent study. He asked for my name, and when I told him, he spelled it right first try without my having to spell it for him. Holy cow, that has never happened before!

I'm pretty ridiculously excited, even though I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do after I graduate. Or even where I'm going to work this summer. Hmmm, do I stay in Fairbanks, or go back to Seward? Is there any possibility I could work in either grounds, security, or boats this summer? Historical evidence makes it seem highly unlikely.

Whatever. I don't care. My classes transferred!!! :D

Edit: Okay, I just realized I should probably clarify exactly what happened here.... My first academic advisor, the one I talked to when I first transferred here, said that most of my credits would transfer. My new one, a few weeks back, said that actually, they probably wouldn't. Ultimately, however, the registrar has the final say. So my new advisor contacted the registrar and they said, essentially, "Yeah, sure, close enough. You're the linguistics department, not us." So phonetics transferred for sure, and most of the classes I took aren't transferring as specific courses, but they're counting towards my degree anyway. Now I just have to ask again how the science classes transferred....

6 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Congratulations. Prayer works. You've had a lot of people praying for you. (and still do).

Be sure to get a copy of your transcript showing those credits. It isn't official until you have a copy of your transcript showing the credits. If they aren't on the transcript, they don't exist. But once you get it in writing on an official transcript. THEN, you can celebrate.

And keep up the great work. Remember, you get some scholarship money for good grades, too. Have you applied for scholarships through the Financial Aid office yet? Or checked with your department? My school of accounting gave out almost $50,000 in scholarship money to our top students last year. About 1 out of every 5 students got a scholarship of some kind.

Give me a call regarding the trip to Utah in December. Money is getting tight here, and given the value of your scooter, french horn, and other boxed stuff, we may have to look at alternates to a seven-day round-trip to Utah. Give me a phone call sometime when you can talk for a few minutes and let's talk strategies. Your daddy loves you.

dubby said...

Yay! Congratulations! That is super news!

King Isepik said...

I'm very happy to hear that! I know it was bumming you out, but now it's pretty much over! :)

All I can say is 'Grats!

Tiffany said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :) And there was great rejoicing in the land. :D That's fantastic!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations on your credits!

dubby said...

Happy
Thanksgiving