Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What a headache

I wasn't originally going to vote. But when I was heading home from philosophy today, my conscious kept nagging at me. There was nobody at the voting booths when I walked through the Wood Center, where the voting was set up, so I figured, "Meh, fine, why not." Except I hate both McCain and Obama. I think they both suck. So you know that line at the bottom where you can fill in someone else's name to vote for? I wrote in "Chuck Norris."

That's not really true, but as Rob says, "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?"

Then the lady gave me stickers and chocolate, so it was totally worth it.

I don't often get headaches, but lately, it seems like I get them twice a week: on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And they almost always seem to develop in my philosophy class. Imagine that. Well, today I developed a headache two hours before my philosophy class. I also had a headache yesterday, though I assumed that was a result of getting so mad at my speech professor. So I came home with my throbbing headache and thought that maybe lying down would help. Well, I woke up about an hour ago, and unfortunately, my headache is worse than before. AND I still have a lot of homework. Dangit.

Philosophy class today was pretty funny. The professor didn't come to class again. This is the seventh class he's missed this semester. Most of the class isn't terribly impressed that he's missed more days than all eight of his students combined. Frankly, I'm less impressed with the fact that I learn more when he's not here than when he is. Well, okay, I learn about the same amount (which is exactly nothing), but I don't feel so much like bashing my head against a wall. Okay, to be fair, I did learn one thing in Philosophy: the difference between "subjective" and "objective." I used to always get those mixed up.

Also, you know that paper I was working on all weekend, that I stayed home on Halloween to finish and just finished up yesterday night? It was due in English today. Well, I got to class today and the professor showed up and said, "Good news, everyone! You know your big papers that are due today? Well, over half the class e-mailed me begging for mercy, so now they're not due until next week!" WHAT!!! I COULD have gone to a Halloween party? That would have been nice to know last week! Cry! I pretty much insisted he let me give him the paper today so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. He said he would grade a little more leniently for the people who wanted to turn their papers in today. Whew! I'm NOT thinking about that paper anymore!

That said, I need to get to work and pick a new speech topic and research it before class tomorrow... which would already be DONE if my speech professor weren't such a witch. (bitter bitter bitter)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good news is, Chuck Norris supported McCain (well, orignally Huckabee).

dubby said...

On Tuesday, take two aspirin (not any other pain reliever, aspirin) when you wake up. Eat a little food so it doesn't upset your stomach. Avoid cheese. See if it helps. If you can catch a Bliss headache early with real aspirin, you can often kill it. I had TONS of headaches at your age.