
I remembered writing down two homework assignments in German yesterday, and I knew I had a Powerpoint presentation due today and chapter 4 due Monday, so I didn't bother to check to see if those were the two I wrote down. So I forgot to do the three textbook sections that were really due today. I realized my mistake when I got to class this morning, so I tried to scribble it down really fast before class, but I did the wrong chapter. Daggumit!
Oh well, no harm done. Also, my teacher said she'll bring us cookies on Monday because our presentations were so great! :D I had fun with mine, but not as much fun as my friend Jeremy, who introduced himself by saying he lived in the "Dunkel Wald" (Dark Forest), where there were a lot of wolves. He said it gives him grief when they go after his poor old grandmother, and that sometimes in winter, food is scarce, so they have to kill and eat the wolves. "The Dark Forest is a cruel place," he said (only he said it in German).
Quinby mentioned that he plays World of Warcraft too, which highly amuses me, because I totally had him pegged as a gamer! He said he started out as Horde, but then switched to Alliance. I made a crack about him "seeing the light," and he said, "Yeah... actually, I play a paladin now." BA-hahahaa!!
Most of you probably totally missed the humor in that. That's okay.
So anyway, then I was having lunch with my friend Jeremy, eating a beef burrito, and I took a big bite and THEN felt a sneeze coming on. So I tried to swallow real fast before I could sneeze and make a really big gross mess.... But my timing was apparently off, because I ended up sneezing beef out my nose. OH MY GOSH, that hurt!!! I mean, seriously, milk coming out your nose hurts, and Coke hurts even worse, but beef hurts like nothing else!
Two of the people in my senior seminar (there are only four students to begin with, actually) are also in my History of the English Language class. We were discussing the phonetic transcriptions we did in HEL (funny name for a class) today and debating whether the word "bird" is transcribed with an epsilon, a schwa, or a syllabic R. The professor came in and saw up eagerly debating phonetics and just about flipped out, she was so happy.
This post has been brought to you by the word docity.
6 comments:
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I can see it now. Ambulance toned out to college student who has leftover beef blocking nose b/c of sneezing on a beef burrito. Wow.
I've heard that burritos are really made with kangaroo meat.
lol .. oh wow O_O
I thought sneezing salsa was bad, you just topped that :D!
YOUR haus???
Yes, and there aren't really pirates or dragons, and Richmond isn't really a rubber ducky. >_< You all fail!
But Richmond could be a rubber ducky because when I visited my brother there 6 years ago (and roasted my hiny off from the weather shock) I found a lot of rubber duckies being sold in just about every store we visited. Nice burrito shot too! glad to be off the Slope even though I love my job...The cold winds (-55 to -70*) were starting to get to me a bit, since I had the honor of being out in them the majority of my work shift.
Post a Comment