Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crap

I pooped today!

Really, I felt like a losing throw this morning, and then I had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to vomit, but I pooped instead and then I felt way better. It was kind of funny. Next time I get Subway, I'm asking for fewer jalapenos.

I worked with Steven and the new girl, Cora, today. In one room, we had the room mostly cleaned when a huge honking bumblebee flew in. I was standing in a corner and didn't mind when it was buzzing around near the closet, but then the fat little bastard turned around and came straight at me. I was trying as hard as I could to suppress my irrationally strong fear of bees, but I'm ashamed to admit that I screamed like a little girl and bolted outside and got about four rooms away before I forced myself to calm down. Steven was cowering on the porch too, trying to stay as far away as possible and asking Cora, "What do we do, what do we do???" Cora grabbed a big rag, strolled right into the room, and swatted the thing right out of the air with her awesome ninja skills, then squished it flat! It was pretty amazing. I was impressed. At least, I was after I managed to stop whimpering like a frightened puppy.

Stupid insects.

Woodcutting was pretty uneventful. I didn't break anything today (like I did yesterday). The bugs were pretty awful though, and got worse as the evening wore on, so I only stuck around until a bit after eight. I think my face has been half eaten away by bugs. Stupid things. I haven't seen Mike in a few days, and I have to admit, it's more fun when he's around.

Lots of housekeeping drama lately. I don't even want to go into it. Steven's right, though, that I let stuff get to me too much. Must work on that.

My back right brake pad is totally shot, and for the last few weeks, the brakes have been metal grinding against metal every time I hit the brakes. I ordered the new part today, and am hoping it won't be too much trouble to install. Knock on wood. If I can't manage to fix it, I'm pretty sure Tracy or someone will be able to help.

And that's about all for now. This post has been brought to you by the word existential.

5 comments:

Terrace said...

Quite useful information ;) lol

Fat Bear in Dress said...

I'm assuming you plan on replacing BOTH sets of brake pads on the rear of your car? Hint: Trust me, you want to.

Second, if you're metal on metal with the rotor, be very certain you haven't damaged the rotor itself (usually metal on metal is never a good thing) or you may find a replacement rotor is needed as well.

King Isepik said...

That is unless the rear brakes on your car uses the old drum technology. In that case, it'll be even MORE fun changing the pads. :)

You should be OK. I just changed the brake pads on the family vehicle last Saturday. It only took about 45 minutes to do both sides and clean up after.

CaptainCaveMan said...

Pads are for Rotors(disc) Shoes go in the Drums! Both can be fun to do,(snicker). Remember that book I told you to go get for your car back when it was making that whiney noise from the battery area?Look it up.See what you have in store for you. And YES!!! you want to do BOTH sides at the same time(well one at a time,but on the same project) or else you will get your car pulling to one side or the other.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Ditto what's been said before: do BOTH sides of the car. Usually the rear uses drum brakes, and the front use disk brakes. Completely different designs and parts. And brakes are the one part of the car that I don't trust myself to mess with. I want a real professional, someone who knows what they are doing, to fix the part of the car that stops it when I tell it to stop. I've always found it worth the money to pay someone to do this messy, dirty, and VERY tedious job. Hats off to the many men (and the occasional woman) who can do it and do it right. I admire them. But I'm not about to take the chance myself, since I can't even fix a sink faucet without having to ultimately call the plumber. Good luck. Once you've done it with someone who knows what they are doing, perhaps you can do it yourself from there on out. Oh, and test out your handiwork thoroughly before starting down a hill. Cheers.
PS: I found time tonight to post my pics to my blog. Enjoy!