Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happyyyyy

Work has been interesting lately. I guess. A ton of drama going on, but for once, instead of amusing me, the drama just makes me feel a little sick. I don't think I'll end up being fired, or even in serious trouble, since the boss loves me. I've actually heard people come up to him and tell him I'm a great worker and they wish I were here all the time. But I worry for my friends.

Whatever. That's not a happy thought. Want to hear something happy? Rob (Kamryn's dad) found me a second part-time job as a woodcutter. I thought that he had forgotten about it or something, but the woodcutter, whose name, ironically, is Mike (same as the new executive housekeeper), called me yesterday and picked me up ten minutes later to go down to the woodpile and show me what the work would entail.

I'm seriously stoked! I get to drive a four-wheeler, use a chainsaw, drive a big truck, and carry a gun. And by gun, I mean a freaking hand cannon! It's some kind of magnum, and it's huge! The barrel is short, but it shoots bullets like an inch in diameter, meant to drop bears.

He says it's really hard work, and the guys who work there are usually dripping with sweat by the end of the day. But I enjoy hard work, and I'm excited about the idea of building up some muscle this summer. So even better! I'm so excited!

...but the wood elves will be angry with me.

Oh hey, don't forget to vote for my picture again, if you have time and want to be nice to me! The link is just below here.

And this video makes me feel happy. I don't know why. Thanks to Terrace for linking it to me. :D

3 comments:

Allen said...

my sister, the lumberjack...

CaptainCaveMan said...

lol...big difference between a Lumberjack and a woodcutter.But it's STILL a very physical activity.And the gun....I'm afraid it would knock you a@* over teakettle from the recoil!!..

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nice video. Coulda chosen a better song, though. And the question is not "Where the hell is Matt?"... the real question is, "WHO the hell is Matt?"

I visited his website, and read his bio, and even found him on Wikipedia (Matt Harding). He's interesting, but then lots of people are interesting. Worldwide fame and glory from dancing in different locations? SOMEbody has too much time (and money) on their hands...

And of course, the final question is, "Who has ever heard of Stride gum?" Except for the stereotypical clueless gum-smackin' teenager, does anyone actually chew gum anymore? The Doublemint twins have to be at least in their 60's by now... And today's generations have never even heard of the teaberry shuffle, let alone Herb Alpert's song about it! ;-) I'm too old...