I'm pretty sure this is the hardest I've ever worked in my life. I've been working from eight in the morning until nine or ten at night every single day, and by the time I get home, my feet are so sore that I don't want to do anything but go to sleep to make it stop hurting. It works, too. By morning, my feet feel fine once again, and are totally ready to go and get sore once more. I've gotten a bit of sun, and I'm not sure if it's a tan or a burn. Kind of borderline, I guess. I'm going to have a lovely farmer's tan at the end of summer.
I'm not complaining at all. I've got to say, I prefer a day of manual labor to a day of studying. It feels more fulfilling, to me. Well, depending on a few factors, but you get the point. The only thing that makes me sad is that I don't have time anymore to go visit the kids, or call my parents, or even talk to Peter. I haven't had more than maybe a ten-minute conversation with Peter since Sunday.
I finally acquired new brake pads for my car. They had to order the part, and said, "Pick it up tomorrow, it'll be ninety dollars," and when I went in the next day, they said, "Okay, I ordered it. Pick it up tomorrow. It'll be fifty dollars." When I went in today, they said, "Oh look, we have two options for you to choose from." Ha. I was planning on trying to put them in after work today, but I spilled beer all over my pants when I was emptying the trash in the bar and I wanted to change out of my beer-smelling clothes. So I put on my pajamas and I guess I'll fix it tomorrow. Maybe I'll be lucky and find someone to help me.
This morning, Woodcutter Mike said he's really excited that I have Sundays and Mondays off so I can bundle firewood all day long. "You're my number one bundler!" he told me. "Aww, really? Yay, I'm good at something!" "Yeah, well, don't let it get to your head, because you're pretty terrible at using the log splitter." Awww. He's right, actually. Besides the fact that I tend to mangle more wood than I actually split, I'm also painfully slow because I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Mike says he'll watch me turn it and twist it and get it exactly into position, but it was just fine the way it was, so I'm mostly just wasting time. Oh well. At least I'm apparently pretty good at bundling it, so I'm still worth keeping around. (Wait, Mike likes the way I handle his wood? Is there something morally wrong with that?)
What was I saying? Oh yes. Mike's excited that I get to bundle wood all day for the next two days because apparently he's promised 1400 bundles of wood, and right now, we only have about 400 bundles (by my estimation).
So yeah. I'm really enjoying my woodcutting job. Mostly because of the people I work with. I enjoy housekeeping too, but the drama is a little annoying.
Beth says she's going to get me the game The Sims pretty soon. I'm really excited! Hope I can find time to play it now and then. I really enjoy building houses in that game. And killing people. That's about all I ever did, really. I'm horrible. I'm planning on making like fifty identical people all named Walter Bosman, moving them into a house and killing them all off. Maybe one at a time, so they don't catch on. Haha. Let's see if I can turn it into a haunted house. Haunted by fifty identical ghosts, all named Walter. How great would that be?
This post has been brought to you by Soviet Russia. Not really.
5 comments:
Nothing wrong at all with a guy liking the way you handle his wood. Just be sure you keep it wrapped properly!(sniggle)
Pfft! Sims 3.
See? This is an excellent example of why I believe every lecture should be followed by a quiz. I've got one daughter who goes on a date at a drive-in movie and forgets to bring a blanket. I've got another daughter who spills beer on her pants, works as a woodcutter, grooms/dresses like a man, is getting buff and a farmer's tan running a chainsaw, and is replacing the brakes on her car. If Dubby had simply given an in-depth quiz right after she delivered her lecture to you and your sister on the birds and the bees, the misunderstandings could have been discovered and cleared up at that time. ;-)
The SIMS is pretty awesome, but the SIMS 2 is even better. You can build really elaborate houses with the SIMS 2 - it's basically half the fun of the game! Plus the kids age, which is a huge improvement over the SIMS.
---Charlotte
She's getting Sims for free. Geeze.
I gotta remember to name a sim Walter and torture him. *snicker*
Post a Comment