Monday, June 29, 2009

Stupid

I hate it when people take things too seriously. It annoys me. But maybe I'm taking it too seriously. Bah!

I'm also not a fan of car repair people. I left work a bit before noon today to take my car to the shop (because I don't have time to fix it myself, and have been so tired lately that my brain isn't working right, and I want to get it fixed before it tears up my rotor). Called the car place and they said to bring it in at two. Well, I didn't want to drive back out to the woodyard just so I could work for an hour and then come back again. It's hardly worth the gas. So I just relaxed until two, which I haven't done in a week, and which made me feel really antsy. Also, it made me pay more attention to my sunburn (which has gotten pretty bad) and my sore muscles and the scrapes along my arms and my strained elbow. Can't wait to get back to work. Anyway, yeah, two o'clock rolled around and I took my car in to Terry's and they said, "Oh yeah, we decided we can't get to your car until Wednesday after all." Well, that was a big waste of time! Can I take off work on Wednesday? No, but I could potentially drop my car off at seven, walk to work, and then bribe someone to drive me to Terry's at lunchtime to pick it up. But then Chris told me about another car repair place called Lowry's that's apparently cheaper than Terry's. So I took my car down there. The guys looked kind of scruffy, and normally I wouldn't have trusted them with my car, but it's just brake pads. I could probably fix them myself. What's the worst that can happen? (Jinx.) So I'm killing more time until four, when I go and pick up my (hopefully fixed) car and go back to work. I figure if I make it out to the woodyard by 4:30, then I can work until 11:00 tonight and put in ten hours today. I'll be dead tired and sore for housekeeping tomorrow, but that's nothing new. As my friend Patrick used to say, "Pain lets you know you're alive!" Freaking masochist.

I think my plants want to be repotted, but I'm not sure. Maexxie is large enough to fill up her pot already. She doesn't look like she's falling out of it yet, but her leaves are wilting and turning yellow. I took off the last two babies she was nurturing yesterday, hoping it may help that she's not having to support babies anymore. I also put all my plants back in the window, but I think I'll take them out again soon, because I don't want them to burn or anything. Gerald Fluffikins III also looks pretty sick. I hope he doesn't die. I'm not sure whether I should try putting him in a bigger pot or not. On the one hand, it may help, but on the other hand, the stress may make him worse. My roommate, Austin, says I should put them all in bigger pots. Except Gavin, who still hasn't gotten his root system down yet. I'll probably leave Arc alone too, move Gerald Fluffikins III into Loatheb's pot, move Loatheb into Maexxie's pot, move Maexxie into a bigger pot, and put Daemonix (the new baby) into Gerald Fluffikins III's pot. And then I'll still have a pot free for Toggle, who's living in Laundry and doing magnificently! (That's assuming Rye hasn't changed his mind about giving him away at the end of summer.)

I'm babbling a little, I think. I'm so tired. And burned. And I smell like bug spray. Ha.

I kind of want to go to the beach and jump in the ocean. The cold and dirty ocean. I just might do that after work. Get a big thick towel or two to sit on when I drive home afterwards and just go chuck myself in the water, fully clothed. Oh shoot, this is my last pair of clean pants. Wait. Scratch that. They're not clean. They're all covered in wood shavings and dirt. But at least they're not soaked in beer. Hmmm, guess I should find time to do laundry one of these days.

3 comments:

dubby said...

very ... strange ... post

Dianna said...

sunburn? in alaska? you cuh-razy!

CaptainCaveMan said...

YAY!!!...I'm a ....a....(dont know the word) Yes..you can get sunburn anywhere!!I used to get the racoon face from skiing and working in Utah.Think that was snoburn however.Making a few connections now and if I get up there I'll do the brakes,(you do have that book..right?)