Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stress

I'll have to try and remember not to use this library computer again if I have a choice. The mouse is pretty messed up.

The job I applied for at the Sealife Center looks like it's going to fall through. The heavy machinery guy says his wife doesn't want him hiring anyone, but especially not young girls. A friend of mine told me he's had "problems" with them in the past, which is a bit... well, yeah...

Woodcutter Mike is leaving town Thursday (gone till September), and Rolf hired me to scrub some windows down (box windows that are waiting to be installed, but are in pretty bad shape right now) by Friday. I'm planning an Anchorage trip to play a game with Rye and Brian on Saturday, and after that, I may just head up to Fairbanks, I guess. Unless I find something else.

So as if that's not enough to stress over, Peter's mad at me... again. Not really sure why he's so upset this time. Meh.

I've begun rereading the Book of Lost Things, by John Connolly. It's one of the best books I've ever read. It's not terribly funny (in fact, most of it is pretty sad), but it's an amazing book anyway. It's very well written, and it has a lot of messages and intertwining themes and stuff.... If you have the time to read it, I would recommend the book to pretty much anyone.

I guess that's about all. I should probably go start bundling wood so Mike has something to sell before he leaves for his fishing trip.

3 comments:

Terrace said...

Ha that is pretty awkward...very awkward.

Thanks for doing updates here, I've felt pretty concerned and missed you a lot. =/

Things are stressful but I know they'll get better for you.

Take care! I hope to hear from you again soon.

CaptainCaveMan said...

Aww...Green-eyed monster strikes again. Silly females(ducks). Keep up the updates as best you can.Moving to Park City in August,YAY!! Back to being a "Skibum"

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry jobs keep falling through--I feel your pain as a fellow person looking for work. Good luck!

I remember The Book of Lost Things! I think I bought it on a whim 'cause it was on the bargain table, and remember being impressed by it. Haven't read it in awhile though...as soon as I trudge through my latest stack, I think I'll reread it. Thanks for the recommendation. :)