I went to Anchorage with Rye to go see Brian yesterday. We watched some movies and went to play the board game Talisman with Brian's friend Mike. (There are WAY too many Mikes this summer!) It was pretty much the geekiest board game ever. Kind of like a weird cross between Dungeons and Dragons and Candy Land or something.
Brian's first character died to a level one goblin, despite the fact that he was a pretty strong character. I teased him and then took my merchant over and killed the goblin and took all of the stuff off Brian's character's body. He picked a new character and on his next turn, he moved the Grim Reaper over to my character, killing my merchant.
So Rye's character came to the square and found two dead characters, a dead goblin, and a ton of items and gold. He looted it and got my character's magic carpet, which let him move to any square in the region he wanted if he rolled a six. I picked a new character, and Rye thought it would be funny to chase my new level one gypsy all around the zone, attacking me every turn. I was one turn away from successfully escaping the zone when he killed my second character. Jerk.
My third character was a wizard, which wasn't half as cool as my gypsy. I had a ton of skill points, but only two strength. Sissy. So I decided to go in the dungeon, which, with all three of my characters, I had so far only gone one square inside before I lost a fight and had to turn tail and run away. So I stepped in the dungeon, won the first fight this time (yay!), and then on my next turn, I rolled a number that would have landed me on a level 8 dragon had I gone farther into the dungeon... So I had to turn tail and run out again. Dangit!
So I lost miserably... but it was a super fun game anyway. I have to admit, it was pretty much worth getting fired just for these Anchorage trips. They're the most fun I've had all summer, just about.
I've been kicked out to the camper while the Packs' relatives are in town, which is actually kind of nice. It's a little small and drafty and it smells a little odd, but I like it. I can't figure out exactly why I like it, but I do.
And apparently, Woodcutter Mike hasn't actually left on his fishing trip yet because of the weather. I ought to go over and finish bundling his wood and see if he has plans for going to Hope again before he leaves... whenever that'll happen.
7 comments:
Spending your time playing computer games when you are out of work (and it sounds like mooching off benefactors) isn't usually considered to be an optimal strategy.
Hmm, she's been out of work for a bit over a week, has mentioned that she has looked for work (in a recession, mind you), and is staying with friends that she has helped in the past. Call me old fashioned, but I don't consider that "mooching". As an added bonus, her trip to Anchorage for some "de-stressing" time was a Saturday...not too many interviews happen on the weekend.
Just my eleven cents...two cents adjusted for inflation...
I agree with the fat bear.
Hey...I've been unemployed almost a year now...and have to MOVE to get to my new "job".Granted its a Ski Resort in Park City(EAT THAT!! HA!) But it IS tough to get a reliable job in smallish towns..WAY to many out looking for the same few breadcrumb jobs out there.Winter is coming....think about it.
how'd the interview go?
Yep, I agree, a Saturday off to relax and regroup can be refreshing every now and then. So how's it coming? You've got a lot of people interested in what you're up to these days, and we all love you.
It wasn't a computer game. It was a board game.
Post a Comment