Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meow :3

I still think Gohr is a fantastic musician. I wish I could download the full versions of his songs so I could put them on my Zune and listen to them in the car. Or maybe make another music video. Or something.

Life in general has felt better lately. I don't know if I just finally got over being unceremoniously kicked out in the street by--okay, apparently I haven't fully gotten over it. Maybe I've successfully banished thinking about it to the back of my mind. Maybe the medicine I'm taking is finally working regularly. (Apparently, it takes two or three weeks of taking it before it becomes really noticeable. So the bottle says.) Cindy says it's because I started reading scriptures and praying again. I even went to church this last Sunday. Well, the first hour and a half, at least. Then I had to go to work.

And of course, I got annoyed at the talk about tithing where the guy told a cute little anecdote about a lady who was paying tithing she could barely afford and someone told her not to and she rounded on him and put her finger in his face and said, "I FULLY expect blessings from this, and don't you DARE try to take that from me!" Cute, sure. But does paying tithing simply because you expect blessings defeat the purpose of paying it?

Well, at least nobody sobbed for five minutes over how much God loves us. I hate that.

I tried to talk to Rob about some of the questions I have and how annoying it is when we have the same ten lessons over and over at church. He shrugged it off, saying we have to have the same lessons because we haven't learned them yet, and it's wrong to want to demand deep doctrine when we haven't got the basics down. I've heard that before, and it's just as annoying hearing it now as it was then.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love Rob and Cindy. They're awesome. And I don't have any idea where I would be without them.

2 comments:

CaptainCaveMan said...

I hear you on that one...Loud and Clear.Gohr is actually quite talented.Perhaps in time we shall hear him on the radio somewhere.

Glad to hear your spirits are improving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkM1B6_4fM4

As for organized reliion...all I hear anymore is these little black birds in this short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3IpOFsKcDQ&feature=related

Judge for yourself on that one.

Fat Bear in Dress said...

Well, I doubt you'll hear me on the radio, but I appreciate the compliments! Hopefully, a video will be upcoming soon...as well as a "full version" mp3 download for your Zune.