Wow, I've been seriously neglecting my blog lately.
This last Sunday, I dragged Jack out to meet my North Pole family. It was a little funny, actually--most people worry that their family won't like their significant other, but I worried that my significant other wouldn't like my family. But Jack seemed to have a great time. The kids adored him, and I think he fell asleep on the couch with his head resting on the dog, one kid curled up in front of him, and one behind him. (The "I think" there refers to the fact that I think he was asleep, not I think he was in that position. I was washing the dishes at the time and not paying too much attention.) We played Farkle, and I lost badly every time. Jack won the first game, Michelle won the second (by rolling SIX ones at the same time and shooting her score from 6000 to 14000 in one amazing roll), and I think Tony won the last game. No, Tony was the first to 10000, but in the last roll, I think Jack caught up to him and won again. Anyway, it was awesome.
Classes are over, and after this Saturday, I'm free from school for a month! YAY! Can't wait can't wait! Maybe once I'm done with school, I'll go out to North Pole and help Tony shovel snow off the lake so we can play croquet on ice. That'd be awesome!
I've been toying with the idea of getting a bow if, by some miracle, I happen to have about 500 extra dollars. Okay, so that might not happen, but I can dream, can't I? Jack and I went to Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and they let me take a bow to the little shooting range they have in the back and try it out. Considering how long it's been since I've shot a bow, I did pretty darn well, I thought. Of the first five shots, the first two were one circle outside the bullseye, and the next three were all dead-center bullseye. Granted it was only ten yards, but I was pretty proud of myself just the same.
I'm toying with this idea for a skirt I'd kind of like to sew for church if I can get my hands on a sewing machine. I think it would be the coolest thing in the world if I shot some rabbits and then trimmed the hem of the skirt in rabbit fur. I can just imagine the conversation in the women's meeting at church. "That's a very nice skirt. Is that real fur?" "Yeah, it is. Rabbit fur." "How can you tell it's rabbit fur?" "I shot the rabbits myself." "You... WHAT????" Yeah, that's right. Wearing the remains of my victims on the hem of my skirt. How cool would that be? Am I morbid? Maybe I'm morbid. But hey, how many women can claim something like that? I mean honestly claim it, not claim it falsely.
My friend Becca gave me some fancy foreign dark chocolate a day or two ago. I had it in my backpack, and then left the house for a few hours. When I came back, my dog had gotten into my backpack and eaten all of the chocolate. DOG! You ate all my chocolate! Now I don't have my Lindt dark chocolate anymore! Oh yeah, and chocolate is bad for dogs, so you might die. But you ate all my chocolate! Stupid dog! (Priorities, ya know?)
3 comments:
You need to feed that grandpuppy better, of course. And NOT chocolate. Am I going to have to call social services on you? And think of what happened LAST time you hit a rabbit with an arrow. No, you can't wear dead rabbits around!
If you wait a year or two, according to Al Gore, you'll be swimming in dead polar bears. I would think that polar bear fur would be cooler than rabbit fur.
So, you're gonna shoot your own clothes now... I never want to hear a crack from you about West Virginians again.
Post a Comment