The last few days have been spectacular!
I got some homework done on Monday, my first day off... but around three o'clock, I heard the housekeepers cleaning the room next to mine. That's not right, I thought. They should be in the 200s by now. Sure enough, about five minutes later, I heard someone coming running up to the porch and then Rye's voice said, "Tessie! Are the other 400s done?" She said something muffled, and then I heard Rye tapping his list a few times, counting rooms, and then say, "We have one hour and 25 rooms to clean and we cannot have overtime today!"
Rye's funny on his panic attacks. Well, I was bored of biology anyway, so after a few minutes of debating whether to help or not, I wandered in to work and said, "Hi hi! You guys sound like you could use some help. Am I allowed to volunteer here on my days off?" So I put in two hours worth of work (part of Rye's panic attack was because he misread the clock) for free on a day off. The best part was that when I showed up, Rye calmed down, so I got to feel helpful.
Then this morning, my phone rang at ten o'clock, and Rye asked, "So... how would you like to work again, for money this time?" So I got to work six hours today too. Did I mention I love my job? I guess I have almost more fun at work than I do after work. Especially now that Emmelie (I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled) has started. We have a lot of fun. Possibly even too much fun. She looks a lot like my old roommate Rachel, but her personality reminds me a little more of Hillary's mixed with Monarc's. Of course, none of you know both Hillary and Monarc, so I guess that doesn't tell you anything. What's amazing, though, is that she's seen The Last Unicorn, and The Gnomemobile, and Quest for Camelot, as well as a few other fairly obscure movies I've seen that no one else has. Most of the time, the obscure movies I've seen are dismissed as unimportant and not worth watching, so it's nice to find someone else who saw and enjoyed them. Also, she actually sings with me, which is fun... except she changes key periodically. Rawr!
I'm writing a goofy housekeeping song, just for kicks... as well as because Emmelie thinks it's funny, which makes it worth working on. When I get a few more verses, I'll post the lyrics here. If I can figure out how, I may even record the song itself. It has to be sung in a housekeeper accent, you see....
Also, Grease Monkey's back in town!!! Yay!!! She took me to see the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian, on Monday. It was a pretty good movie. Definitely strayed from the book, but still good, and worth seeing. And the graphics were astounding! And, Grease Monkey brought me a skinning knife from the North Slope! It's awesome! It's all black except with a silver-colored edge on the blade and it's wickedly curved and looks like some kind of evil magic knife from a story or something. It's even got a sheath and case thingy so I can carry it on my belt. I've decided not to start carrying it regularly just yet, though... For one thing, my belt is starting to get pretty heavy, since I already carry my Leatherman and my mini-Maglite on it, as well as my keys hooked to the belt loop. And when I'm at work, I carry a radio and a rag tucked through another belt loop, and occasionally a stained pillowcase through yet another belt loop. Call it a scientific experiment to see just how much I can carry before the weight on my belt either breaks the belt or makes my pants fall down despite (or maybe because of) the belt. Except not a very devoted experiment, because I'm not carrying the skinning knife on my belt. Yet. Instead, I keep it on my desk and toy with it when I'm bored. That thing is sharp! Not to mention totally awesome, of course.
Monty was going to fix my car today (finally), but I was supposed to bring the car in at four, and I got called in to work, so I was working then. But he tracked me down and I just gave him my car keys so he could take the car in and work on it anyway. Not only did he fix my converter, but he fixed my old converter, so I can take the other one I bought back in and return it. Cool cool! And best of all, now my precious runs quietly again! Just like when I first got her, she runs so quietly that I can barely hear the engine after I start her up. Did I ever mention I love my car?
So I'm definitely getting up early tomorrow and getting donuts for Monty and everyone else in the boat shop too. Because happy day! My car works! :D
Also, know what's really scary? Maybe it's from juggling, or maybe it's from lifting so many heavy dirty bags, but I actually have visible muscles on my arms! Holy cow! Rawr, fear me and my manly strength!
I'm fully burned out on MMOs now, so I think I'm going to quit them for good. I'll miss Mervyn, Kathala, Estarien, and Krispyn, though. Especially Mervyn. You just can't have a gnome rogue for two years and not miss him when you quit. Gnomes are the epitome of awesome, and there's no arguing that. You can try, but you will lose. The coolest thing about Mervyn was that for the longest time, he had one dagger that glowed red and one dagger that glowed green. He looked like one of Santa's elves, lit up like a Christmas decoration. It was awesome!
I finished Goblin War, so I'm rereading Mistborn, even though I have seven unread books lying around waiting to be read. I don't know, I felt in the mood to read something I'd read before. And besides, Brandon Sanderson is definitely one of my all-time favorite authors. Seriously, I highly recommend both Mistborn and Elantris. Best. Ever.
Anyway, I'm out for now. Toodles!
3 comments:
You worked hard on other web pages and Neopets and other things and dropped them after the phase was over and didn't look back. I think you are outgrowing MMO's. Sorry
I must have missed the class on Gnome "awesomeness"...
If you really are done, and you don't think you'll ever need it...you can be really, really nice and send some fat bear in a dress your extra gold...I'm sure he wouldn't mind! lol
I took the class on gnome awesomeness, and it was the best class ever!>_> lol
anyway..
yeah I'll miss you in game. :]
Post a Comment