Much as I love making people laugh, sometimes I really get tired of playing the fool.
Example. Today during lunch break, Tessie homed in on the fridge and pulled out some kind of sausage. She turned to me and said, "Here, you have knife, you open this for me!"
"Um..." I hesitated. "I think Beth or Tom or someone wanted that, and that really doesn't look like the kind of thing you can just cut open and eat..."
"No no, is fine, you open, we eat." I protested once or twice more, but arguing with a Phillipino is impossible, so I figured it was easier just to open it for her. So I pulled out my knife and cut it open, and sure enough, it was raw sausage, the kind you make into patties and grill.
Sue came over and said "Oh, not good to eat. Need microwave. Is raw!"
At that point, I threw up my hands and said, "Okay, you guys have fun with that, I want nothing more to do with this, I don't cook." Sue put some on a plate and popped it in the microwave as I cleaned my knife and put it away, and just then, Rye walked in the room.
"What the heck... you guys, you can't just microwave and eat this stuff, it'll turn into rubber. That's the kind of thing you fry or grill."
And Tessie and Sue both turned to me and started laughing and acting like I was the one who had decided to microwave it. I tried to say I wanted nothing to do with it, but nobody listened, and when the microwave was done, Sue said, "Oh, look, Lint Monkey, your food is done," and pulled it out and presented it to me like I was royalty. Everyone else refused to eat any.
Of course, Beth was mad that "I" had ruined her dinner, because she had planned on taking it home and eating it. I overhead Tessie and Sue telling her later about how I had gotten into it and decided to microwave it and ruined it and so on.
It's not a big deal, I know... But right now, I'm getting really tired of being the village idiot. And I really don't want to be made to look like a liar, either. Believe it or not, I'm really not a total idiot. I'm not!
Oh well... I guess I should go get some ingredients for dinner. I'm cooking fajitas for the Packs tonight. Yay cooking! I haven't really cooked in months. I don't particularly enjoy it, but I think I can trust Cindy to not hang over my shoulder and tell me what I'm doing wrong while I try to cook.
5 comments:
Fajitas!! O_O
*jealous*
There is absolutely no harm in telling Beth and Rye the truth of the matter and then refusing to help Tessie on her future follies. Call it a life lesson and let it go.
amen
Now you know why I don't form close relationships with the feebleminded. They have their circles, I have mine, and everybody's happy. Remember my favorite quote from the movie, The Lion King, the one by Scar? It begins with the three words: "I'm surrounded by ..."
dude, i totally understand because it's the exact same deal here. it'd be okay to handle every once in a while, but that kind of thing happens all the time and i wish they'd quit treating me like i'm an idiot.. even though it is funny sometimes..lol. i just can't help, sorry! ;)
Post a Comment