Emmelie and I were horsing around too much at work today, and I threw her to the ground. I meant to throw her gently, the way we learned in karate, but I didn't realize she was standing with her legs crossed, so she kind of splatted. She scraped her knee up and called me a little whore, and I felt really bad. Especially when she rolled up her pants leg and I saw her knee. It was really pretty, actually. It was bleeding a little and it'll be dark purple and black in a day or two. One of those bleeding-under-the-skin kind of things, about the size of a quarter. So I took her to Laundry and I got her Neosporin and a Band-aid, but Rye was there and totally freaked out about it. At first, I thought I was making a big deal about it by insisting we clean it and put antibiotic ointment on it before slapping on a Band-aid, but Rye pretty much flipped. Well, as much as Rye flips, anyway. He was mad at us for rough-housing, (which is understandable,) so now we're supposed to stop joking around, we're not allowed to run, skip, jump, laugh, wrestle, or touch each other unnecessarily. We're supposed to be sedate, and when we're knocking on doors for in-house, we're only allowed to have one person talking at a time. He went on about that for a bit and then had Emmelie fill out an accident report "in case she needs to go to the hospital later." Then when Steven and Lita came in, Rye repeated his whole lecture about being sedate and not running, jumping, skipping, laughing, et cetera. He sounded so much like my dad that I wanted to laugh at him.
Before you start to lecture, I realize and accept the fact that we were goofing off too much. I felt bad, and I'm glad I didn't hurt her too badly, and I will be more careful in the future. ...But now I'm not allowed to run anymore, and I always run everywhere I go on the resort. I love running! Not only does it get you where you need to go faster, but it's really stress-relieving. I'm not talking distance-running, I'm talking about sprinting. Bursts of energy. That kind of thing.
Changing the subject, I'm most distressed. I think Rusty's off his mission, but I'm not sure because the dirty rotten lousy warped lazy negligent son of a snothead hasn't written to me in a year, so I don't know when he's getting off his mission. I think if I actually got a letter from him, I would have a heart attack and drop dead on the spot. I'm pretty sure he's off his mission, or if he's not off, he should be in a month or so. I think. But if he is off, I don't know where he is, or if he has his cell phone back, or if he uses the same e-mail address or what. In other words, I don't know how to contact him. That sucks.
This is a mildly depressing post. I know! Let's have a Comment Party! Everyone who reads this, list in a comment three material things that make you smile. That means you can't say "My family" or "Being in such and such a place" or "Doing this" or "When people..." Three material things. They don't even have to be your top three.
1) Mom's angel food cake (no one can make it like Mom)
2) PT Cruisers
3) Pokemon cards
8 comments:
1) My 56" Widescreen DLP HDTV.
2) My house. It's not the Taj Mahal, but it's home.
3) The 17' Bass Boat I need get in the water this year...the sooner the better!
1)My Mickey Mouse blanket
2)Warm chocolate chip peanut butter cookies fresh out of the oven
3)Ambulances (not to freak anyone out, but it's fun to see all the awesome equipment, play with lights and sirens, see how to save lives, etc.)
Pokemon cards! Hey I had those!!
Kittens!! >_>...
Man pants.. i mean.. uh... computer??
Thats the best I could come up with lol
Your question I thought would be easy, but it wasn't lol
1) My Laptop.
2) Lots of cash in my wallet.
3) My credit card statement which reads ZERO!
:)
Rye isn't being mean. He's just doing his job. Horsing around can not be tolerated in the workplace. A work environment is not a playground for little children. Getting injured on the job is serious. Very serious. The laws are very clear. Employers can be fined and put out of business and managers and supervisors sued royally for allowing or even tolerating situations which can (not necessarily do, but even possibly MIGHT) possibly result in injury to employees. Rye needs to enforce the rules solidly and sternly. Typically, punishment for horseplay consists of a warning the first time, and immediate termination of employment on the second offense. Yes, this is your dad speaking, as the controller of a company that didn't tolerate it and whose policy would fire anyone who engaged in horseplay, even on the first offense if it actually resulted in an injury. Horseplay by children playing around doesn't belong in an employment environment. Score one for Rye. And best wishes for a quick recovery for Emmilie.
Regarding Rusty: try all methods you have available for contacting him. Last known address, family name lookup on switchboard.com, google search, facebook/myspace accounts, last known email accounts, last known cell phone,and don't overlook mutual friends. Does BYU have an on-line directory where you can look up students by name and get their email address? Most colleges do. Good friends are worth pursuing and keeping in touch with, regardless of the long-term plans.
Three material things that make me smile, eh?
1. A new ham radio.
2. A new dress for your mom that makes her smile.
3. My La-Z-Boy chair, with the cat on my lap, headphones on my ears, and a Rossini overture on the MP3 player... with lots of loud french horn passages.
I thought I made it clear I didn't think Rye was being mean. I agree with him entirely. In fact, I'm glad he was stern about it and would have been disappointed in him if he hadn't been.
I love my new camera, my computer and my office, and my Bee Box. How's that for materialistic!
dubby
Post a Comment