Life is funny. Laugh at it.
I took my car to No Sweatt Auto Shop after lunch today because something in the engine kept whirring when it wasn't supposed to, even after I turned the car off. I'd been unplugging the thing in the engine that was making the noise, but I wanted it fixed. I was also worried because my brakes have been catching periodically, and last time I was in Anchorage (six days ago), they made a really weird noise. Just once. But still enough to scare me.
So I took the car in, they said they'd look at it around 3:30, I walked home, and at 4:00, I got a phone call saying the thing making the noise was the ABS Hydraulic System. "A valve was stuck, so I tapped it and put it back where it belongs, and I'm 90% sure that fixed the problem." So I started celebrating that I didn't have to buy a new expensive part for my precious, and then, as if I wasn't thrilled enough, the guy added "It didn't even take five minutes to fix, so you don't owe us a penny." YAY!!! I could've kissed the guy. Really. Actually, he was really cute, so all the more reason to, right? Shame he told me this over the phone. Ah well. It wouldn't have worked out anyway. How am I supposed to stay happily single forever if I start hitting on attractive mechanics? I ask you!
Do you know what I find highly unfair? Guys with long, thick eyelashes. I joke with my friends that I can bat my eyelashes at them and get them to do anything I want them to, but in reality, I hardly even have eyelashes. They're thin and short and such a light color that you can hardly tell they're there. No no no, no way am I about to wear false eyelashes or mascara, but it makes me very jealous when boys walk around with the thick beautiful eyelashes I've always wanted. No, I'm not acting like a vain teenage girl! ...much. Terrace says guys genetically have prettier eyelashes than girls, which makes sense... except in cartoons, where sometimes the only way to tell a girl character from a guy character is that the girl characters have long eyelashes. How silly.
This reminds me that I've been meaning to go to the optometrist and get contacts so I can wear sunglasses.
So anyway, I was looking at my transferred credits and my religion credits didn't transfer at all, so I'm a junior again. On the plus side, almost all of my other credits transferred in such a way that I have almost exactly three 15-credit semesters left till I graduate. I figure I may as well stay in school through the summer and graduate in August. As Steven would say: "I'm stoked!"
The King tagged me, so now I have to make a list of 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, and 3 random surprising facts about myself, then tag five other people. I wonder if simple lists suffice or if I'm supposed to elaborate on each item in each list the way the King did.
Joys:
1. Frolicking in the rain or snow and then coming inside to dry off and get a cup of hot chocolate.
2. Impressing people. Music, magic tricks, juggling, being silly, whatever. It's good for your ego when people say "Oh wow, that's really cool that you can do that!"
3. Solving puzzles. (Go go 4-second Minesweeper!)
Fears:
1. Talking on the phone. Hence why I haven't yet called the King and Queen to thank them for storing my crap for me and to tell them when I'm coming to pick it up. (sheepish)
2. Failure.
3. Being forgotten, particularly by people I consider close friends. (My best friend from high school doesn't even remember who I am anymore.)
Current obsessions/collections: (They have to be current? Phooey.)
1. Hats.
2. Books.
3. Tastes. Especially drinks and candy bars, but anything, really. Trying new things = win.
Random Surprising Facts:
1. When my friends first started playing Dungeons and Dragons, I refused to play.
2. I have a teddy bear named Teddy. (Don't ask.)
3. My first word was "Poopyface," and my first sentence was "Bye, Mom, I'm going to the mall!"
Hmmm, who to tag. Captain Jolli, Terrace, and Dad. I'd tag Dubby and Bopnopper too, but they've already been tagged, and anyway, I think the theme here is the number three, so I'm altering the rules to stick with it.
Today's post has been brought to you by the word coetaneous, because I've decided I like that word.
3 comments:
Tag!? Who am I supposed to tag back!? :O
Cheater! :)
LOL!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment