
We have a little too much fun in German class sometimes. This morning, we were in groups, writing rules for simple past verb conjugation on posters, which we were supposed to hang on the board and compare. My group decided to put pictures at the bottom, but couldn't think of anything relevant to draw. So we just had fun.
I've noticed something funny about my History of the English Language class. The classroom is set up so that there are two students to every table, and I remember noticing that in most of my classes at BYU or in school, when people had to pair off, it always seemed to be boy-boy, and girl-girl, or most of the guys would sit on the left side of the room and most of the girls would sit on the right. Occasionally, you'd have a couple who were dating or engaged or married who would sit together, but for the singles, they were often segregated. Oh, and there was the occasional ladies' man, who would sit surrounded by like six pretty girls with this big smirk on his face. But in my HEL class (hehe, good name for it), every table has one guy and one girl, although the pairings are different almost every time, and no one is obviously dating the people they sit with. Sometimes I sit with Jeremy, sometimes Casey, sometimes Craig or Skyler. Jeremy will sit with me or Sarah or Bri or someone else, and... well, you get the idea.
Today we had a quiz on noun declensions of Old English. Well, I thought so, but apparently, the quiz was only on the strong masculine declension. So I memorized weak masculine, feminine, neuter, -ur endings, exceptions, and the conjugations in both active and passive present and past for nothing. Oh well. That's what I get for not paying attention in class. I have a problem with paying attention sometimes (and no it's NOT because I always sit next to a guy!), so this morning, I decided to try drinking some Mountain Dew before class, because caffeine sometimes helps me concentrate. I've tried coffee, but it tastes nasty. People assure me that it's an "acquired" taste, but I don't consider it worth the effort to acquire. So Mountain Dew it was. And I was pretty much bouncing out of my chair all through class. (Strange, it doesn't usually have that much of an effect on me.) Then Jeremy and I started passing notes, and they're pretty much the nerdiest notes ever.

Yeah, that's what happens when two linguists get bored in class. And yet, despite nearly bouncing out of my chair and passing notes all through class, I still caught five times more of the lesson today than I did on Thursday. Go figure.
Oh oh oh! Also, I made mushroom bacon meatloaf with cheddar today, and it actually turned out well! Yay, I cooked! :D
1 comment:
Bacon meatloaf is good. Try it with a little touch of smoked sausage added. Onions, and some finely-chopped celery add some interesting flavors, and nutrition also. For variations, I would think some Teriyaki or Worchestershire sauce might be nice, maybe with a garnish of mint on top. Serve over mashed potatoes containing lots of cream and butter to help offset some of the health benefits of the celery. BTW, I took some hydrocodone the doctor gave me today, and I'm enjoying it immensely, even if I do have to backup and correct my typing errors every two or three letters. Hey, hey, hey, life is great.
Post a Comment